ABOUT BROOKLYN SPORTS & ENTERTAINMENT
Brooklyn Sports & Entertainment (BSE) manages state-of-the-art venues and premier sports franchises, delivering dynamic content and experiences for audiences. BSE oversees programming, marketing, sales, and operations for Barclays Center and NYCB LIVE, and manages and controls the NBA's Brooklyn Nets and its Development League team, the Long Island Nets, as well as the business operations of the NHL's New York Islanders.
Barclays Center, which opened on September 28, 2012, offers 17,732 seats for basketball, 15,795 for hockey, and up to 19,000 seats for concerts, and has 101 luxury suites, four bars/lounges, four clubs, and 40/40 CLUB & Restaurant by Tanduay Rum.
NYCB LIVE, scheduled to reopen April 5, 2017 after extensive renovation, will offer 13,000 seats for hockey, 13,500 for basketball, and 14,500 for standard concert configurations, with the ability to flex up. The bowl will have a theater seating option for 4,000 guests. With a focus on emerging businesses, BSE identifies and creates alliances, strategic partners and other business opportunities to ensure the success of its assets.
Our Mission: Brooklyn Sports & Entertainment is committed to creating memories through our world-class state-of-the-art venues, professional sports franchises and emerging businesses.
For additional information, please visit Brooklynse.com.
Brooklyn Nets, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)
The Human Resources Coordinator is a hands-on representative of the Human Resources (HR) department whose job is to help facilitate all basic HR functions. With diverse yet substantive job responsibilities, the HR coordinator works with both current employees and new hires, making this a key position within the organization.
In addition to being the point-person for basic HR inquiries from our employee population, this position is responsible for preparing and coordinating New Hire Orientation, assisting with benefits administration, ensuring that employment folders/background checks/posters are within compliance, managing HR communications to staff and providing general support to the HR team. This is a unique opportunity to join a rapidly growing team and organization.
Brooklyn Sports & Entertainment, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).
II. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage administrative elements of New Hire Orientation preparation;
- Create and update employee files and ensure compliance;
- Assist with benefits administration – preparing materials for Open Enrollment, entering changes into HRIS system, managing communications to employees, scheduling training; answer first-line questions regarding employee benefits;
- Ensure updates are made appropriately to policies and procedures in the Employee Handbook;
- Assist in managing seating assignments for new hires and internal moves between our corporate locations in Brooklyn. Liaise with business leaders, Operations/IT regarding assignments and changes;
- Oversee process related to credentials/building access cards, business cards, and cell phone request forms;
- Submit background checks online to provider and ensure compliance;
- Help to manage announcements related to Company offers for our Health & Wellness program;
- Draft and Disseminate Ticket Offer Announcements;
- Maintain Organizational Charts;
- Manage administrative component of Performance Reviews including but not limited to sending out communications around the process, creating materials, scheduling training, tracking review completion and filing;
- Provide general support to the HR team through planning, organizing and meeting coordination;
- Work with HR leaders on various projects including year-round internship programs (Spring, Summer & Fall programs); liaise with all divisions regarding intern(s) needs, schedule interviews for candidates for program;
- Ad Hoc Projects in Diversity & Inclusion, Succession Planning;
- Special Projects as assigned.
The qualifications listed below represent the credentials necessary to perform the essential functions of this position. To be successful in this position, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions.
A. Education and/or Experience
- High proficiency with MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook) required;
- UltiPro knowledge a plus;
- Experience managing high volume internship programs strongly preferred;
- Demonstrated ability to operate in a fast-paced environment, responding to issues promptly with a strong orientation toward customer service and teamwork;
- High level of integrity and ability to deal with highly confidential information in a professional manner;
- Ability to handle multiple assignments and deadlines with accuracy;
- Detail-oriented and proactive;
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of employees, management, and customers ;
- Strong interpersonal and teamwork skills, including adaptability, personal effectiveness, and the ability to establish quick rapport;
- Strong organizational and time management skills, including prioritization and follow through;
- Must be flexible and reliable team player, both within own department and within company as a whole.
V. WORKING CONDITIONS
Infrequent Traveler (<5% travel): The incumbent may be required to travel on a very limited basis.
This position requires the ability to lift up to 15 pounds.
The incumbent primarily works in an office environment, however may be expected to attend Brooklyn Nets games and related Human Resource events at Barclays on occasion.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities