Company Summary: The Sacramento Kings and Reno Bighorns are embarking on a new era for the franchise. Dynamic, aggressive new ownership has taken over and the sports world is buzzing. In a major metropolitan city that ranks 3rd in the US for most days of sun, the franchise’s future is even brighter! The Bighorns and Kings are looking to set new industry-standards through technology, globalization and community impact to help elevate the status of the capital city of the world’s 7th largest economy.
Job Summary: The Account Executive position is an incredible opportunity to start a sales career in the sports industry with an organization committed to professional growth and career development. You will join our team entering into the industry’s best 2 week training-only & on-boarding period to prepare you for ultimate success. Within 12 months as an Account Executive, top performers will be evaluated for possible promotion to an elevated Account Manager role. During the 12 months, Account Executives experience every aspect of the ticket sales operation in addition to a 360 degree view of the organization, while developing the skill set needed to succeed in the sports industry through recurring sales, product and professional development training. Account Executives may be placed into a fast-track mentor team with a focus on Season Tickets, Group Tickets or Season Ticket Services. This is an opportunity to join a team thriving as the league leaders in new full season tickets sold, increased attendance and much more with continued aggressive growth goals leading into a new era of the organization.
The primary responsibility of the Account Executive, Ticket Sales is to build relationships with potential prospects to sell new season ticket memberships, mini-plans and group tickets for the Reno Bighorns. The ideal candidate is driven, focused, and passionate about starting a sales career in the sports industry, possesses a strong work ethic, and has the determination to succeed in an ultra-competitive, fast paced, yet highly rewarding work environment. Account Executives are responsible for achieving individual sales goals and are continually coached and evaluated to maximize individual and team performance.
The Reno Bighorns and Sacramento Kings have been recognized as Social Selling leaders in the industry and success in this position is enhanced through Sales 3.0 with Premium tools such as:
LinkedIn Sales Navigator
OneMob and many more
Key Responsibility Areas:
• Successfully completing the Account Executive training program and attending on-going training
• Responsible for meeting or exceeding all individual performance and developmental goals within specified time frames
• Prospect and cultivate new sales leads through creative lead generation methods, as well as follow up on leads provided by the Bighorns and Kings
• Entertain and nurture relationships with clients and prospects through creative means including but not limited to: networking events, speaking engagements, Reno Bighorn in-game initiatives and Bighorn events
• Actively participates in Team Member sales skills training, developmental opportunities, and Team Member sales activities
• Update and maintain customer information and payments using Archtics and Salesforce
• 4-year college degree in Business, Sports Management, or related field preferred
• Previous sports and/or telemarketing or outside sales experience is preferred
• Passion to start a career as a sales professional in the sports industry
• Dependability is key: consistently punctual and prepared for a fast-paced environment, executes instructions, and embraces coaching
• Self-starter with a positive attitude and strong work ethic; committed to teamwork
• Excellent writing, communication, interpersonal skills and the ability to present sales material to large groups and customers
• Presents themselves in a professional manner, able to interact with all levels of the organization
• Ability to multi-task and maintain strong prioritization and organizational skills
• Strong computer skills, including all Microsoft Office software programs
• Ability to work nights/weekends/flexible schedule required