Group Sales Account Executive
Detroit Pistons / Palace Sports & Entertainment
Auburn Hills, MI
As a member of our Group Sales team, you'll be responsible for selling a comprehensive array of Palace Sports & Entertainment ticket related products. This role will focus on group, hospitality and single game suite rental inventory. Other products include: season ticket memberships, partial ticket plans, long-term suite leases, and group/season ticket-related inventory for Little Caesar’s Arena.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
- Upholding sales of new full, partial and group outing ticket packages, as well as Single Game Suite Rentals and Annual Suite Leases to both the business and consumer sectors for Pistons and non-basketball related events
- Maintaining business relationships with a pre-determined book of business for on-going renewal and upsell opportunities
- Meeting established weekly, monthly and annual sales goals
- Implementing and demonstrating outbound sales efforts by using sales and service best practices, prospecting, networking, lead generation, referral gathering, data capture and personal database management
- Generating a pre-determined minimum number of outgoing phone calls per day with the purpose of creating new business opportunities
- Holding a pre-determined minimum number of weekly out of office and in arena “face-to-face” meetings to create new business opportunities
- Providing a superior level of customer service to all ticket buyers, regardless of level of purchase
- Continually creating unique sales strategies, ideas and programs as a means of producing new business opportunities
- Active involvement in at least one specified networking group, to assist in creating new sales opportunities
- Consulting with clients to determine objectives for group outings/events; develop and facilitate programs, agendas, and fan experiences aligned with customer requirements
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR?
- A Bachelors Degree from an accredited college or university is required
- At least two years of successful sales experience with a well-established network of clients in the Detroit Metro area preferred
- Strong organizational, time-management and problem-solving skills; excellent oral and written communication
- Exceptional active listening, service orientation, and customer and personal service skills
- Ability to function in a fast-paced environment, handle multiple projects simultaneously and adhere to deadlines is key.
- Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel and Outlook) as well as the ability to learn and master new software programs including the CRM platform (Salesforce) and ticketing system (Ticketmaster Archtics) is essential.
- Must have the ability to navigate the arena in order to visit clients during home games and escort potential customers on seat tours, showing various seating options and facilities on both game days and non-game days
- Must be available to work flexible hours including nights, weekends and holidays
Get MVP Insight
Stay Ahead of the Competition
With MVP Access you get "insider" information on when your application was reviewed,
how many candidates applied, blue ribbon insignia as a serious candidate, weekly
career coaching tips, plus links to load your application.
MVP Access applications are viewed 9x more frequently than non-MVP applicants (based
on data from 2011 - 2013).
See Job Insights, when you upgrade to MVP Access...
Upgrade to MVP Access
Note: This position was originally posted on the Detroit Pistons / Palace Sports & Entertainment employment site. To ensure that your application is
considered for this position, please tap "Apply" below to apply for this job on the Detroit Pistons / Palace Sports & Entertainment employment site.