Title: Director of Business Development
Location: Milwaukee, WI
Reports To: SVP Business Development & Strategy
The Director, Business Development, will be responsible for generating new business revenue through corporate partnerships for the NBA’s Milwaukee Bucks and the Wisconsin Entertainment & Sports Center (“WESC”), scheduled to open in 2018. He/she is also responsible for planning, developing, integrating and managing business growth through sales to ensure business development activities are delivered in accordance with organizational strategy. This position is responsible for designing offerings with prospective buyers and providing appropriate solutions that align with the prospects/clients business objectives.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Meet and exceed all weekly, monthly, and annual goals related to Corporate Partnership business and retention.
- Design and execute aggressive new business prospecting strategies.
- Build relationships with potential customers in person and over the phone including cold calling, setting discovery meetings and partnership presentations/proposals.
- Lead the entire sales process:
- Building a business case based on clients's needs and matching with appropriate assets.
- Presentation build and pitch delivery.
- Collaborate with all appropriate internal departments as needed (Digital/Social, Legal, Finance, Ticket/Premium Sales, Social Responsibility, Human Resources, Arena Operations, Business Development) to execute various opportunities.
- Identify, vet, and prioritize new potential, incremental revenue sources to the company.
- Develop and maintain updated, concise weekly sales reports for all Corporate Partnerships including use of company's CRM system.
- Track and develop strategies to influence new opportunities and expiring contracts.
- Assist in the renewal of expiring partnerships agreements and/or continue to re-evaluate extending deals, discontinue or look for replacements.
- Manage revenue growth of all accounts within the portfolio.
- Collaborate in developing a road map for deal strategy and sell-in.
- Recommendation on workflows and processes required to scale business.
- Leverage and create marketing and media opportunities via partnerships (co-branding).
- Feedback on deal structures, including profitability analysis and operational efficiency for Bucks and client.
- Feedback on potential roadblocks and recommendations on how to mitigate.
- Manage and monitor all Bucks budgetary goals.
- Monitor progress of all Sponsor/Partner deals and status regularly with Activation Team to create and leverage best practices.
- Establish best practice communication and collaboration with all parties to deliver seamless service to clients.
- Facilitate special projects as assigned.
- Additional related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from a four-year college or university; and a minimum of three years related experience.
- Previous sales experience a must.
- Must be able to develop and maintain corporate relationships, with senior level managers/clients.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Must be highly organized with ability to multi-task.
- Must have strong interpersonal communication skills.
- Capable of working extended hours such as overtime, nights, weekends, and holidays as necessary.
- Strong customer service and interpersonal skills.