The Memphis Grizzlies are seeking a creative and qualified individual to support the Marketing Strategy department, with a focus on the day-to-day operational aspects of social advertising for the Memphis Grizzlies social media channels. The position’s primary goals include working with the Social Media Producer on ideas to cultivate fan engagement, planning social media posts and campaigns, and optimizing social media campaign performance. The Social Media Strategist will work cross-functionally with Partnership Marketing on promotions development, and will be responsible for proactively monitoring campaign performance to determine when changes are required to meet Partnership goals. In addition, the Social Media Strategist will provide daily performance, follower, and engagement updates across all social media channels.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Work with Brand, Communications and Social Media Producer to maintain and enhance brand voices for the Memphis Grizzlies social media channels. Maintain consistent communications practices across all channels.
- Plan, monitor and optimize content, including social contests, sweepstakes and promotions across social media platforms including, but not limited to Twitter, Facebook, Google+, Instagram, Vine, LinkedIn, Snapchat, Reddit, and Pinterest.
- Maintain daily and weekly social media production and social marketing calendars.
- On a shared schedule with Social Media Producer, attend and document various Memphis Grizzlies events to produce live content across brand social media channels as required.
- Work closely with Social Media Producer and internal stakeholders on development and execution of content and scheduling of promotions, news and social advertising placements.
- Coordinate with Manager, Marketing Engagement to schedule content that should be cross-posted to/from Grizzlies, FedExForum, Memphis G-League and eLeague social channels.
- Work with Sr. Director of Digital and Marketing Analyst to track key performance indicators (KPI) across channels that support organizational goals of measuring the efficacy of social interaction and proving ROI including fan engagement, lead conversion, social advertising effectiveness, and sentiment as well as identification of areas of improvement.
- Keep a forward focus on trends. Adapt, adopt and recommend new technologies and emerging social platforms that enhance the organization’s touch points with fans and consumers.
- Be knowledgeable of NBA rules and regulations regarding social media communications, videos and advertising.
- Manage and monitor all social media channels for fan commenting, spam and content issues. Share community feedback and respond to audience in an appropriate and timely manner.
- Additional duties may be assigned as needed.
Required Skills, Experience & Abilities
- Bachelor’s Degree in Journalism, Marketing/Advertising, Media or Communications is required.
- A minimum of 1-2 years experience working in a digital media role with a brand is required.
- Superior written and verbal skills, editorial judgment and knowledge of digital culture.
- Detail-oriented and strong organization and project management skills.
- Thorough understanding (in a business capacity) of social platforms including, but not limited to Twitter, Facebook, Google+, Instagram, Vine, Snapchat, LinkedIn, Reddit and Pinterest.
- Strong knowledge of and passion for technology, social media in a business and strategic context, NBA basketball, and entertainment.
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Must possess basic photo, audio and video editing skills. Experience with Photoshop, Adobe Premiere, Final Cut Pro and Audacity or Soundcloud, a plus.
- Strong attention to detail and outstanding organizational skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment while maintaining high standards in all work.
- Excellent computer skills, including Microsoft Office required.
- Must be willing and able to work nontraditional hours in nontraditional settings (nights, holidays and weekends as required).
- Trustworthiness and confidentiality are a must.
- Experience with social scheduling and analysis applications such as HootSuite or buffer; Facebook Custom Audiences, Twitter advertising and TrackMaven, a plus.