Account Executive, Consumer Sales
Detroit Pistons / Palace Sports & Entertainment
Auburn Hills, MI
As a Consumer Sales Account Executive, you will sell a comprehensive array of Palace Sports & Entertainment ticket-related products for all properties, with a strong emphasis on Season ticket and Partial ticket plans for all PS&E venues. Other products include, but are not limited to, Pistons Group packages, Hospitality, single event suite rentals and long-term suite leases. The ideal candidate must be an aggressive, experienced sales professional who leads by example, possesses the ability to establish solid business relationships, maintains a professional attitude and maximizes opportunities to increase revenue potential.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
- Selling new Full, Partial and Group Outing ticket packages, as well as Single Game Suite Rentals and annual suite leases to both the business and consumer sectors for both Pistons and non-basketball related events
- Maintaining business relationships with a select book of accounts for on-going renewal and upsell opportunities
- Meeting and exceeding established weekly, monthly and annual sales goals
- Implementing and demonstrating outbound sales efforts by using sales and service best practices, prospecting, networking, lead generation, referral gathering, data capture and personal database management
- Generating a pre-determined minimum number of outgoing phone calls per day with the purpose of creating new business opportunities
- Generating a pre-determined minimum number of weekly out of office as well as in arena “face-to-face” meetings to create new business opportunities
- Providing a superior level of customer service to all ticket buyers, regardless of level of purchase
- Continually creating and implementing unique sales strategies, ideas and programs as a means of producing new business opportunities
- Contributing positively to the sales team culture by developing mutually beneficial working relationships with all team members
- Participating and contributing to daily or weekly sales team meetings and training sessions
- Being actively involved in at least one specified networking group, to assist in creating new sales opportunities
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university
- A minimum of two years of successful sales experience regardless of previous industry
- Established network of clients in the Detroit Metro area preferred but not necessary
- Strong organizational, time-management, excellent oral and written communication, customer service and problem solving skills
- Ability to function in a fast-paced environment, handle multiple projects simultaneously and adhere to deadlines
- Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel and Outlook) as well as the ability to learn and master new software programs including the CRM platform (Salesforce) and ticketing system (Ticketmaster Archtics)
- Must have the ability to navigate the arena in order to visit clients during home games and escort potential customers on seat tours, showing various seating options and facilities on both game days and non-game days
- Must be available to work flexible hours including nights, weekends and holidays
Get MVP Insight
Stay Ahead of the Competition
With MVP Access you get "insider" information on when your application was reviewed,
how many candidates applied, blue ribbon insignia as a serious candidate, weekly
career coaching tips, plus links to load your application.
MVP Access applications are viewed 9x more frequently than non-MVP applicants (based
on data from 2011 - 2013).
See Job Insights, when you upgrade to MVP Access...
Upgrade to MVP Access
Note: This position was originally posted on the Detroit Pistons / Palace Sports & Entertainment employment site. To ensure that your application is
considered for this position, please tap "Apply" below to apply for this job on the Detroit Pistons / Palace Sports & Entertainment employment site.