The Digital Content Producer will be the team leader in creating digital and social media content for Brooklyn Sports & Entertainment (BSE). S/he will support all marketing digital and social media efforts through the concept, execution and animation of creative visual elements that pushes the BSE digital marketing goals and initiatives forward. Support of this work includes the company’s teams, venues and franchises. The incumbent must be able to work collaboratively with the company’s Digital, Design, Video and Social Media teams. Creativity, hard work, a positive attitude and dedication are musts. S/he must be comfortable working outside of traditional business hours including during and after events and games; and nights and weekends.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Go-to producer within BSE’s content vertical
• Conceptualize ideas and create designs for BSE franchises
• Work with Content, Digital, Design and Video teams to bring engaging work to life
• Take initiative, be involved, active and creative. Suggest new ideas that pushes creative forward.
• Projects include visual executions to be used on social and web applications
• Work with video team to help produce graphics and animated slates and sequences for web videos
• Use brand and campaign design elements when applicable to carry out the continuity of the BSE brands, including the Brooklyn Nets, New York Islanders and arena properties throughout all digital media
• Precise proofing of all visual information
• Serve as a checkpoint in regards to logo usage, graphic standards, etc.
• Work on multiple design projects at a given time and capable of executing quickly
• Assist in maintaining and establishing design department policies
• Other duties as assigned by the Marketing department
Education and/or Experience
• Experience in leading designers and or animators
• Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite. Advanced Photoshop and Illustrator. Advanced level using After Effects highly desirable.
• Experience creating sports and/or entertainment graphics packages
• Background working on social media accounts a plus
• College degree, preferably in graphic design/fine art
• Pronounced ability to conceptualize ideas and bring them to life
• Excellent design sense
• Team leadership
• Must be able to problem solve
• Ability to produce and render high quality work in response to real time events
• Ability to be comfortable yet energetic in the creative process
• Knowledge of social media trends and a finger on the pulse of the leaders in the digital media landscape
• Research software and apps that will assist the creation of attention-grabbing visuals
• Successful at working in a collaborative, team environment or independently
• Detail-oriented, especially under deadline pressure
• Excellent verbal and written skills
• Highly organized and communicative
Infrequent Traveler (less than 5% travel): The incumbent may be required to travel on a very limited basis. Trips may require air travel and/or overnight stay away from home for one or more nights.
This position requires the ability to lift up to 10 pounds.
The incumbent works primarily in an office environment but is expected to attend Brooklyn Nets games and other Barclays Center events on evenings, weekends and holidays.