The Oklahoma City Thunder is an elite performance organization and a leading franchise in the NBA. Beyond any single game, season, or outcome, we’re driven to shape the future of our industry, our community and our own legacy in sports. So we’re looking for people who want to make an impact–individuals with the courage and ambition to think and work differently and an endless desire to push for progress. At the Thunder, you’re joining a culture that performs at the highest level and empowers you to realize your greatest potential.
As an athletic performance coach, your work is critical to optimizing the physical needs and well-being of our athletes.
Working with colleagues, you will foster and drive an evidence based approach to physical preparation.
Other day-to-day duties include:
- Implement performance related programming for athletes, including strength and power training, agility, movement prep and recovery
- Collect, analyze, and present performance assessment data
- Lead culinary program, including consultation and education
- Assist with educational opportunities to further enhance engagement in athletic performance programming
- A Masters or doctoral degree in exercise science or related field
- Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist (CSCS - NSCA) accreditation (or equivalent) is required
- ATC or DPT preferred
- Experience programming and coaching resistance training in a team setting
- Experience with performance assessments, including neuromuscular profiling techniques
- Experience in nutritional assessment and counseling
- Demonstrated skills with basic analytics software (e.g. Excel)
- Proven respect for confidentiality
- Excellent people skills
- Strong communication skills—ability to deliver clear and effective messages to a variety of stakeholders
- Experience working in a basketball environment and knowledge/understanding of basketball are key
- Must be able to work long hours on short notice including weekends and nights – extensive travel involved
- Full time residence in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma required
This is a full-time position reporting to the lead for Athletic Performance.
FOR THOSE UP FOR THE CHALLENGE, LET’S TALK.
*The Professional Basketball Club, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer*