Job Title: Premium Sales Manager
Department: Premium Seating
Reports to: Senior Director of Sales
Position Type: Full Time/Regular/Exempt
Date Modified: 6/20/2017
Position Summary/Objective: The primary responsibility of the Premium Sales Manager is selling Premium Seating inventory for the Minnesota Timberwolves and Lynx, including the newly renovated Suite Level, Club Seating, and Lexus Courtside Club in Target Center. This role is also responsible for selling inventory for Target Center concerts and events.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform these essential functions:
- Sell premium seating inventory as well as full and partial season memberships and group tickets.
- Responsible for prospecting, executing sales presentations, attending networking events, and closing sales.
- Set and conduct out of the office sales appointments.
- Accountable for certain levels of activity (calls and appointments), appointment goals, and closed sales goals.
- Document all communication in CRM.
- Participate in educational opportunities on Timberwolves and Lynx product offerings, pricing and sales strategies, as well as market trends and industry best practices.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities & Other:
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook) is strongly preferred.
- Knowledge of Microsoft CRM and Veritix preferred.
- Ability to work nights, weekends and potentially holidays.
- Ability to work on a team and independently preferred.
Experience: Minimum three (3) years sales experience strongly preferred. Experience working in collegiate, minor league or professional sports preferred.
Education: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience preferred.
Supervisory Responsibility, if any: This position does have supervisory responsibility
This job operates in a professional office environment. In addition to working office hours, staff may work Timberwolves and Lynx home games, in addition to external events including but not limited to: charity and networking events. Work is both sedentary and active in nature. The working environment is generally favorable. Lighting and temperature are adequate, and there are no hazardous or unpleasant conditions caused by noise, dust, etc. Work is generally performed within an office environment, with standard office equipment available. This job also operates in a sports arena, which includes bleachers/steps.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to communicate and exchange information with others both in person and over the telephone. The employee frequently is required to remain in a stationary position, as well as operate computers and other office equipment, such as a copy machine, printer and telephone. Staff will frequently ascend and descend bleachers/steps and traverse around the building both on event days and non-event days. Staff may occasionally move items weighing up to 30 pounds.
This position may require some travel.
The Minnesota Timberwolves and Lynx are an equal employment opportunity organization.