The Greensboro Swarm is looking to add an outgoing and driven Account Executive to their team. This position will work directly with the entire ticket sales staff to generate multiple ticket packages and group ticket sales. The Account Executive should have excellent people skills, time management and be highly organized. He/She must also be prepared to work long hours and maintain a professional attitude and appearance. Candidate must be a team player willing to help out wherever they are needed including other departments in the organization.
The Account Executive’s main responsibility is to produce ticket revenue by developing and maintaining season and group ticket accounts. The AE will sell new season seat accounts through outside sales appointments with businesses, and over the phone sales to local residences. The AE will also sell new group accounts to decision makers within businesses and non-profit organizations
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Meet all sales goals assigned.
- Set appointments over the phone with decision-makers, consistently meeting the weekly goals for sales appointments.
- Master all sales presentations (taught in sales training), and deliver it in front of company decision-makers, tailoring packages according to each company's needs, and handling objections in an effort to bring in new season seat accounts.
- Develop and maintain a database of potential group and season-seat customers.
- Contact group leaders through the database and through new leads, particularly after a direct mail piece is released, to bring in new sales.
- Prospect for quality leads, particularly through asking for referrals.
- Provide customer service to existing accounts by visiting with them during games, as well as provide amenities.
- Make phone calls during the season and off-season to ensure personalized, continual contact with ticket holders.
- Work with the Box Office to update certain sales reports.
- Complete any customer service an operational duties in season as assigned.
- Performing other duties and responsibilities as assigned (i.e. contract fulfillment).
REQUIRED SKILLS, EXPERIENCE, AND ABILITIES
- Bachelor degree required
- Must be enthusiastic, creative and able to think both strategically and tactically
- Well organized and have strong time management skills along with customer service skills
- Attention to detail and goal oriented
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively and ability to multi-task and adapt to sudden changes in market
- Ability to attend all home games
- Ability to work flexible hours, including evenings, weekend and holidays
- 1-2 years experience in sports team sales, general business sales, or sports management is preferred.
- Previous experience in face-to-face and telemarketing sales is ideal.
- The compensation will depend on your personal success and drive. Salary + Commission
Get MVP Insight
Stay Ahead of the Competition
With MVP Access you get "insider" information on when your application was reviewed,
how many candidates applied, blue ribbon insignia as a serious candidate, weekly
career coaching tips, plus links to load your application.
MVP Access applications are viewed 9x more frequently than non-MVP applicants (based
on data from 2011 - 2013).
See Job Insights, when you upgrade to MVP Access...
Upgrade to MVP Access
Note: This position was originally posted on the Charlotte Hornets employment site. To ensure that your application is
considered for this position, please tap "Apply" below to apply for this job on the Charlotte Hornets employment site.