INTERNSHIP (2017-18 Season): Marketing
Monumental Sports & Entertainment (MSE), located in Washington, D.C., is one of the largest integrated sports and entertainment companies in the country with one of the most diverse partnership groups in all of sports. MSE owns and operates five professional sports teams: the AFL’s Baltimore Brigade and Washington Valor, NBA’s Washington Wizards, NHL’s Washington Capitals and WNBA’s Washington Mystics. The company just recently purchased an NBA G League development league team, isco-owner of aXiomatic, which has controlling interest in global esports franchise Team Liquid, and also owns and operates Verizon Center in Washington, D.C. Monumental Sports & Entertainment also manages Kettler Capitals Iceplex, the state-of-the-art training facility for the Capitals and EagleBank Arena on George Mason University’s campus. In 2018, Monumental Sports & Entertainment will bring the Mystics and the G League team to a new state-of-the-art Entertainment and Sports Arena being built by Washington, D.C. and Events DC at the St. Elizabeth’s campus in Ward 8. The Wizards will also practice there. Monumental Sports & Entertainment co-owns and operates Monumental Sports Network with the NBC Sports Group. Monumental Sports Network is the mid-Atlantic region’s top direct-to-consumer destination for exclusive fan experiences and original sports content across desktop, tablet, mobile and OTT streaming devices.
MSE proudly promotes its core values for all those that interact with the company:
- We provide first-class customer service and value for our fans.
- We champion a double-bottom line that engages, unifies and gives back to the community we serve on a daily basis.
- We work tirelessly to build generationally exceptional teams that compete for championships year after year and create lifelong memories for our fans.
- We measure our performance with specific objectives and metrics and our analysis and decisions are data-driven.
- We prize leadership, but we value teamwork and collaboration and transparency even more. We treat each other with respect. We act with honesty and integrity. We remain humble.
- We innovate. We are nimble and first to market. We are not averse to risk.
- We have fun. We are in the business of happiness.
Position Overview: Help the Marketing department promote the Wizards brand through a variety of projects. This is a paid internship.
- Assist with projects and tasks assigned by the Director of Marketing & VP of Marketing
- Assist with managing start of season needs for 2017-18
- Coordinate with Marketing Manager for game day responsibilities
- Contribute to copywriting of various marketing communications including newsletters, sales offers, event messaging, and brand campaigns
- Assist in growing existing youth programs and developing new programs to enhance youth outreach
- Aid with marketing activations at Wizards special events
- Review company website for accuracy of marketing offers
- Manage marketing department event calendar- Internal and external Wizards events
- Maintain department inventories (i.e. office supplies, break room, etc.)
- Prepare materials for sales and marketing events; assist with organizing and executing Wizards events and promotions
- Assist with fan development groups include youth, kids club, and women’s initiatives
- Create marketing plans for various grassroots marketing initiatives
- Provide recap of all events attended
- Other duties as assigned
- Must be an undergraduate or graduate student
- Dedicated, outgoing, hard-working, punctual, dependable and a team player
- Previous Marketing experience a plus, but not required
- Excellent communication skills; creative
- Ability to multi-task; detail-oriented; fast learner
- Familiarity with Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook, Facebook, Twitter
- General knowledge of professional sports
- Reliable transportation and housing
Get MVP Insight
Stay Ahead of the Competition
With MVP Access you get "insider" information on when your application was reviewed,
how many candidates applied, blue ribbon insignia as a serious candidate, weekly
career coaching tips, plus links to load your application.
MVP Access applications are viewed 9x more frequently than non-MVP applicants (based
on data from 2011 - 2013).
See Job Insights, when you upgrade to MVP Access...
Upgrade to MVP Access
Note: This position was originally posted on the Monumental Sports employment site. To ensure that your application is
considered for this position, please tap "Apply" below to apply for this job on the Monumental Sports employment site.