INTERNSHIP (2017-18 Season): Membership Services
Monumental Sports & Entertainment (MSE), located in Washington, D.C., is one of the largest integrated sports and entertainment companies in the country with one of the most diverse partnership groups in all of sports. MSE owns and operates five professional sports teams: the AFL’s Baltimore Brigade and Washington Valor, NBA’s Washington Wizards, NHL’s Washington Capitals and WNBA’s Washington Mystics. The company just recently purchased an NBA G League development league team, isco-owner of aXiomatic, which has controlling interest in global esports franchise Team Liquid, and also owns and operates Verizon Center in Washington, D.C. Monumental Sports & Entertainment also manages Kettler Capitals Iceplex, the state-of-the-art training facility for the Capitals and EagleBank Arena on George Mason University’s campus. In 2018, Monumental Sports & Entertainment will bring the Mystics and the G League team to a new state-of-the-art Entertainment and Sports Arena being built by Washington, D.C. and Events DC at the St. Elizabeth’s campus in Ward 8. The Wizards will also practice there. Monumental Sports & Entertainment co-owns and operates Monumental Sports Network with the NBC Sports Group. Monumental Sports Network is the mid-Atlantic region’s top direct-to-consumer destination for exclusive fan experiences and original sports content across desktop, tablet, mobile and OTT streaming devices.
MSE proudly promotes its core values for all those that interact with the company:
- We provide first-class customer service and value for our fans.
- We champion a double-bottom line that engages, unifies and gives back to the community we serve on a daily basis.
- We work tirelessly to build generationally exceptional teams that compete for championships year after year and create lifelong memories for our fans.
- We measure our performance with specific objectives and metrics and our analysis and decisions are data-driven.
- We prize leadership, but we value teamwork and collaboration and transparency even more. We treat each other with respect. We act with honesty and integrity. We remain humble.
- We innovate. We are nimble and first to market. We are not averse to risk.
- We have fun. We are in the business of happiness.
Position Overview: The Membership Services Intern will have the opportunity to see firsthand how a successful Membership Services department within a large, complex and diverse organization such as the Washington Wizards functions. The Membership Services Intern plays an integral part in the setup, execution and breakdown of our DC 12 Club Membership events. The Membership Services Intern will also assist with the daily tasks and responsibilities that contribute to superior customer service for our season ticket members.This is a paid internship.
- Learn departmental policies and procedures.
- Help to plan, organize, and execute season ticket member events, programs and receptions.
- Manage inventory of autographed/promotional items and season ticket member collateral.
- Organize and distribute season ticket member gifts, birthday cards, etc.
- Contribute to the day to day operations of the membership service department in preparation of daily objectives, game day duties, and the renewal campaign.
- Learn and use Archtics and SalesForce software for reports, account set-up and updating season ticket member records.
- Engage season ticket base through personal interactions at events; provide superior customer service and collaborate with full-time staff to enhance the fan experience.
- Develop content for bi-weekly member newsletter and digital marketing of events using Eloqua.
- Execute research to enhance existing member events and programs.
- Research local businesses in an attempt to host member events by securing location, dates, and costs for each event.
- Perform analysis and recaps of completed events.
- Attend meetings as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must be an undergraduate or graduate student.
- Must be able to work a minimum of 25 hours a week with the ability to work nights, weekends, and holidays for events as needed.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and willingness to communicate with members and staff
- In-depth working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Google Docs.
- Must be a self-motivated, outgoing individual that can demonstrate initiative and shows interest when working with the department on projects and/or events.
- Proven organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to handle and prioritize multiple assignments.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Strong teamwork skills and the ability to manage their own individual projects.
- Maintain confidentiality and use discretion when privy to sensitive information.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment.
- Basketball knowledge and customer service experience a plus, but not required.
- Reliable transportation and housing.
Get MVP Insight
Stay Ahead of the Competition
With MVP Access you get "insider" information on when your application was reviewed,
how many candidates applied, blue ribbon insignia as a serious candidate, weekly
career coaching tips, plus links to load your application.
MVP Access applications are viewed 9x more frequently than non-MVP applicants (based
on data from 2011 - 2013).
See Job Insights, when you upgrade to MVP Access...
Upgrade to MVP Access
Note: This position was originally posted on the Monumental Sports employment site. To ensure that your application is
considered for this position, please tap "Apply" below to apply for this job on the Monumental Sports employment site.