Game Night Staff - Membership Services (Part-Time)
Monumental Sports & Entertainment (MSE), located in Washington, D.C., is one of the largest integrated sports and entertainment companies in the country with one of the most diverse partnership groups in all of sports. MSE owns and operates five professional sports teams: the AFL’s Baltimore Brigade and Washington Valor, NBA’s Washington Wizards, NHL’s Washington Capitals and WNBA’s Washington Mystics. The company just recently purchased an NBA G League development league team, isco-owner of aXiomatic, which has controlling interest in global esports franchise Team Liquid, and also owns and operates Verizon Center in Washington, D.C. Monumental Sports & Entertainment also manages Kettler Capitals Iceplex, the state-of-the-art training facility for the Capitals and EagleBank Arena on George Mason University’s campus. In 2018, Monumental Sports & Entertainment will bring the Mystics and the G League team to a new state-of-the-art Entertainment and Sports Arena being built by Washington, D.C. and Events DC at the St. Elizabeth’s campus in Ward 8. The Wizards will also practice there. Monumental Sports & Entertainment co-owns and operates Monumental Sports Network with the NBC Sports Group. Monumental Sports Network is the mid-Atlantic region’s top direct-to-consumer destination for exclusive fan experiences and original sports content across desktop, tablet, mobile and OTT streaming devices.
MSE proudly promotes its core values for all those that interact with the company:
- We provide first-class customer service and value for our fans.
- We champion a double-bottom line that engages, unifies and gives back to the community we serve on a daily basis.
- We work tirelessly to build generationally exceptional teams that compete for championships year after year and create lifelong memories for our fans.
- We measure our performance with specific objectives and metrics and our analysis and decisions are data-driven.
- We prize leadership, but we value teamwork and collaboration and transparency even more. We treat each other with respect. We act with honesty and integrity. We remain humble.
- We innovate. We are nimble and first to market. We are not averse to risk.
- We have fun. We are in the business of happiness.
Position Overview: Assisting the Wizards Membership Services Department, the Game Night Staff is responsible for providing world class customer service and hospitality to all season ticket members and guests entering Verizon Center. Game Night Staffers have the ability to impact each guest’s experience, and do everything they can to enhance the experience while abiding by company policies.
- Work closely with full-time Membership Services staff in the execution of game night duties.
- Provide superior customer service to Wizards season ticket members and fans.
- Respond to guest inquiries regarding the Verizon Center, ticket plans, and the team.
- Assist in the distribution of giveaway items and season ticket member gifts .
- Execute pre-game set-up and post-game breakdown of all season ticket member locations and game day initiatives.
- Assist with access control to ensure VIP areas are restricted to designated VIP guests.
- Maintain a working knowledge of stadium and department policies and procedures to effectively assist with general questions.
- Be knowledgeable of various amenities available for the enjoyment and entertainment of our guests.
- Exhibit a fun, friendly fan service-oriented attitude and professional appearance at all times.
- Strong verbal and interpersonal skills with ability to communicate effectively with guests and other employees.
- Be familiar with DC 12 Club member benefits, events, policies and procedures.
- Assist Manager of Events and Programs with season ticket member events set up and break down.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Availability to work all Wizards home games, including nights, weekends and holidays.
- Commitment to work a minimum of 30 games.
- Customer service experience preferred but not required.
- Ability to lift at least 30 lbs.
- Must have the ability to anticipate needs, assess situations and act accordingly.
- Requires attention to detail and the ability to adapt to changing and difficult situations.
- Must have a positive attitude and possess outstanding communication skills.
- Able to stand for long periods of time, walk long distances, and climb stairs.
- Maintain a professional appearance.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-pace environment.
- Sport industry experience preferred but not required.
Get MVP Insight
Stay Ahead of the Competition
With MVP Access you get "insider" information on when your application was reviewed,
how many candidates applied, blue ribbon insignia as a serious candidate, weekly
career coaching tips, plus links to load your application.
MVP Access applications are viewed 9x more frequently than non-MVP applicants (based
on data from 2011 - 2013).
See Job Insights, when you upgrade to MVP Access...
Upgrade to MVP Access
Note: This position was originally posted on the Monumental Sports employment site. To ensure that your application is
considered for this position, please tap "Apply" below to apply for this job on the Monumental Sports employment site.