Game Night Staff - Owners Club Attendant (Part-Time)
Monumental Sports & Entertainment (MSE), located in Washington, D.C., is one of the largest integrated sports and entertainment companies in the country with one of the most diverse partnership groups in all of sports. MSE owns and operates five professional sports teams: the AFL’s Baltimore Brigade and Washington Valor, NBA’s Washington Wizards, NHL’s Washington Capitals and WNBA’s Washington Mystics. The company just recently purchased an NBA G League development league team, isco-owner of aXiomatic, which has controlling interest in global esports franchise Team Liquid, and also owns and operates Verizon Center in Washington, D.C. Monumental Sports & Entertainment also manages Kettler Capitals Iceplex, the state-of-the-art training facility for the Capitals and EagleBank Arena on George Mason University’s campus. In 2018, Monumental Sports & Entertainment will bring the Mystics and the G League team to a new state-of-the-art Entertainment and Sports Arena being built by Washington, D.C. and Events DC at the St. Elizabeth’s campus in Ward 8. The Wizards will also practice there. Monumental Sports & Entertainment co-owns and operates Monumental Sports Network with the NBC Sports Group. Monumental Sports Network is the mid-Atlantic region’s top direct-to-consumer destination for exclusive fan experiences and original sports content across desktop, tablet, mobile and OTT streaming devices.
MSE proudly promotes its core values for all those that interact with the company:
- We provide first-class customer service and value for our fans.
- We champion a double-bottom line that engages, unifies and gives back to the community we serve on a daily basis.
- We work tirelessly to build generationally exceptional teams that compete for championships year after year and create lifelong memories for our fans.
- We measure our performance with specific objectives and metrics and our analysis and decisions are data-driven.
- We prize leadership, but we value teamwork and collaboration and transparency even more. We treat each other with respect. We act with honesty and integrity. We remain humble.
- We innovate. We are nimble and first to market. We are not averse to risk.
- We have fun. We are in the business of happiness.
Position Overview: Responsible for supplying 5-Star service to the VIP members of one of our premium club spaces during events.
- Assists in managing the Owners Club guest experience.
- Greets and welcomes the VIP members as they enter the Owners Club, assists with coat checks and valet escort, if necessary.
- Serves as a liason between VIP members and management.
- Builds a rapport with club members and frequent guests to personalize and tailor experience to each guest’s needs.
- Works with catering staff to ensure members and their guests experiences are 5-Star quality.
- Monitors club conditions and works with maintenance to ensure that high standards are met.
- Ensures that game programs and notes are available for members.
- Continually strives for new ways to enhance the VIP experience and provide 5-Star service.
- Able to maintain confidentiality and use discretion when privy to sensitive information
- Be a flexible and reliable team player, with ability to multi-task
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Presents self in professional manner and has the ability to interact with all levels of organization and outside contacts
- Punctual, able to arrive and prep club area at least 3 hours prior to every home game or event
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum of 2 years customer service experience.
- Preferred experience in fine dining, high-end retail, or premium sporting events.
- Must possess excellent communication skills, by being articulate, expressive and clear.
- Must be available to work evenings, holidays and weekends. Commit to at least 30 home games.
- Ability to stand and walk for duration of NBA game.
Get MVP Insight
Stay Ahead of the Competition
With MVP Access you get "insider" information on when your application was reviewed,
how many candidates applied, blue ribbon insignia as a serious candidate, weekly
career coaching tips, plus links to load your application.
MVP Access applications are viewed 9x more frequently than non-MVP applicants (based
on data from 2011 - 2013).
See Job Insights, when you upgrade to MVP Access...
Upgrade to MVP Access
Note: This position was originally posted on the Monumental Sports employment site. To ensure that your application is
considered for this position, please tap "Apply" below to apply for this job on the Monumental Sports employment site.