Head Athletic Trainer
To provide the best professional care possible for the prevention, treatment, rehabilitation, and follow-up of injuries and illnesses for all players.
- Provide injury evaluation, management and rehabilitation of athletic injuries for team athletes.
- Coordinate with Hornets physicians/medical personnel on care of players as well as incoming player physicals.
- Injury reporting and documentation, maintenance of medical charts
- Taking inventory, ordering, and restocking clinical and clerical supplies
- Maintenance and upkeep of the athletic training room and other sites as designated
- Keeping up with continued education and maintaining good standing with N.A.T.A. Board of Certification
- Assist with coordinating team travel, day to day transportation, and managing team equipment
- Supervising and delegating basketball operation related duties for basketball operation interns day to day and team attendants (ball kids) during game nights
- Organizing and managing team locker room, coaches office, visiting team locker room and other facilities
- Assisting players with league human resource paperwork
- Facilitating league required drug testing and keeping the team and players in compliance with the league's policies and procedures
- Assisting Head Coach with team schedule
- Other duties as specified by the coaching staff
REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Appropriate education, training and certification with the National Athletic Trainer’s Association
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent training/experience
- Experience as a certified athletic trainer in competitive athletic environment
- Proven ability to meet multiple demands in a high-volume, fast-paced clinical environment
- Proven ability to work independently, prioritize and complete tasks in a timely manner
- Strong written communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills with accuracy and attention to detail
- Comfort working in a complex, dynamic, fast paced environment
- Excellent managerial and administrative skills
- Must reside in Greensboro, NC from September until May
- Masters Degree (or significant progress toward degree) in related field
- Additional related education and training such as strength and conditioning certifications (NSCA, NASM) or physical therapy certifications
- Experience as a certified athletic trainer in professional basketball or other professional sports
- Experience with equipment management
- Experience in administering strength and conditioning programs with athletes
Get MVP Insight
Stay Ahead of the Competition
With MVP Access you get "insider" information on when your application was reviewed,
how many candidates applied, blue ribbon insignia as a serious candidate, weekly
career coaching tips, plus links to load your application.
MVP Access applications are viewed 9x more frequently than non-MVP applicants (based
on data from 2011 - 2013).
See Job Insights, when you upgrade to MVP Access...
Upgrade to MVP Access
Note: This position was originally posted on the Charlotte Hornets employment site. To ensure that your application is
considered for this position, please tap "Apply" below to apply for this job on the Charlotte Hornets employment site.