Under the direction of the Director of Security, manages and provides direction for in-house security and contracted staff (parking, medical, and law enforcement) in all phases of building/event security, parking, and life safety for the AT&T Center. This position is responsible for planning, organizing, coordinating, and directing security/parking team members in the performance of all necessary job functions for events at the AT&T Center with minimal supervision, guidance, and instruction. This position assists in detailed budgeting, forecasting, long term planning for the department. Direct reports include three (3) Security Managers and one (1) Parking Services Coordinator.
- Manage the security and parking operations for the ATT Center. This includes but is not limited to 24-hour security, event security, security strategy, parking, and contracted partners.
- Responsible for ensuring the facility Emergency Management Plan is kept current along with all compliance measures and/or certifications are consistent with city and state laws and ordinances. Maintain and execute training programs to include emergency evacuation, bomb threats, terroristic threats, active shooter, etc.
- Coordinate and implement policies and procedures around staff and event safety requirements that are in alignment with company values. Safety and Security policies should remain up to date and staff should be knowledgeable on how to properly execute the program initiatives.
- Provide effective leadership in regard to the security planning and management for all events at the AT&T center in cooperation with the Service Innovation department. Serve, motivate, and train all staff, in order to create and maintain a positive work environment. Develop and empower supervisory teams to lead, coach, mentor, and discipline personnel as necessary.
- Assist in interactions with external clients and officials to ensure the venue is well prepared from a security, safety, and parking aspect, to include sports league officials, law enforcement, homeland security and others. Develop and maintain close working relationships with the local Police and Fire Departments, and other local, state, and federal authorities.
Bachelor’s Degree and/or commensurate experience in Criminal Justice or a similar field. Advanced degree preferred.
- Five years experience with progressive responsibility working with either the NBA, NFL, NHL, or MLB or combination thereof.
- Five years of management experience involving special event and public assembly facility security personnel both full time and part time.
- Three years experience and working knowledge of CCTV, access control systems, radio communication systems, fire alarm panels and parking control systems.
- Must have a flexible schedule and the ability to work long hours, including overnights, evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Ability to resolve and deescalate conflict management situations and enhance customer service experience in an arena/event setting.
- Must be detail-oriented and highly organized with an ability to simultaneously handle multiple tasks and adapt to change.
- Must be able to complete projects and resolve issues expeditiously, independently and with minimal supervision; must be able to show initiative and good judgment.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communications skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications
- Certified Protection Professional (CPP) through ASIS preferred.
- Certified in CPR and other emergency/life saving techniques preferred
- Some travel is required