- Applicants must be available to work evenings, weekends, and holidays.
- Must be able to make a report time of 5pm
Maintain established security policies and procedures that will protect Talking Stick Resort Arena assets, employees, and guests during all sports, concerts, and family events.
Primary (Essential) Duties
Security personnel have a direct responsibility for the welfare and safety of the Talking Stick Resort Arena
- The majority of the shift will be searching all guests’ bags for prohibited items and monitoring guest flow through electronic detectors. Use hand wands when necessary
- Have a clear understanding and enforce arena Policies and procedures
- Maintain order and ensure adherence to all safety rules
- Provide assistance and clear directions during emergency situations
- Immediately report any suspicious activity or unattended items to supervisor
- Monitor and control crowd during all events to ensure safety
- Verify credentials to control access into restricted areas
- Immediately report any safety violations/injuries to supervisor. Write clear and concise incident reports
- Respond quickly and correctly to an incident. Utilize friendly persuasion and be firm and consistent while maintaining the highest professional standards
- Monitor, patrol and respond to alarms/emergency situations inside/outside the Talking Stick Resort Arena
Provide exceptional customer service that exceeds guests’ expectations
- Greet and welcome each guest and thank each guest as they leave the event
- Have a strong understanding of arena layout to provide guests with directions to seating sections, restrooms, concession stands, novelty shops and other facility services and amenities
- Serves as an information specialist and knowledgeable about each event in order to respond appropriately to guest comments, questions, and requests in a prompt, courteous and professional manner.
- Handle a variety of customer inquiries in a professional manner including but not limited to seating/ticket issues
- Look for opportunities to enhance guest experience.
May be assigned to different areas after most guests are seated. Must be able to work any position assigned by supervisor.
Knowledge, Skills and/or Abilities
- Excellent customer service skills, friendly, outgoing personality
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong ability to work well with co-workers and supervisors in a team environment
- Maintain a neat, professional appearance as outlined by the Phoenix Suns organization
- Ability to remain calm and focused during a fast pace environment
- Ability to exercise sound judgment to diffuse volatile situations
- Ability to memorize layout of Talking Stick Resort Arena in order to answer guests’ general questions (seating sections, restrooms, concession stands, novelty shops and other facility services and amenities)
- Proficient at Microsoft Office products is preferred
- High school diploma required
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- At least 6 months of previous customer service experience in a fast-paced environment
- Past security experience is preferred
Working Conditions and Physical Demands
- Flexible schedule (variety of shifts) to include weekends, evenings, some holidays and some overtime to meet business needs
- Must meet monthly attendance minimums (be available to typically work 50-66% of all home games/events)
- Ability to stand for entire shift (generally 4-6 hours but could be extended due to the nature of our business. i.e. overtime, dual events)
- Extended periods of walking. Must be able to walk throughout venue, up and down stairs, aisles, and on uneven surfaces (ramps)
- Ability to bend, work in high elevations (all levels of the arena) and enclosed spaces (including elevators)
- Must be comfortable working in large crowds. Noise levels in the work environment are frequently loud
- Must be able to work both indoors and outdoors-May be exposed to all weather conditions including extreme heat and cold
- Must be able to lift up to 20 pounds
- Must be able to communicate via two way radios
The physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This is not an all-inclusive document. Additional duties, expectations, demands, etc. may be added or changed to this document on an as-needed basis in order to meet organizational needs.
The Phoenix Suns are an Equal Opportunity Employer