The Director, Group Sales identifies opportunities and implements program to enhance and improve the group events sales and service function of the LA Clippers. In this role, the Director will lead the efforts of a team of group events specialists in creating memorable events for group sales patrons as well as meet and exceed annual revenue goals in this category. Working alongside the Director of Sales, Director of MVP Services, and Group Sales Manager this person will strategize new programming and processes for the Sales & Service team in aspiration of the team’s sales targets.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
· Develop overall group sales outreach plan, manage sales process, payments, and event fulfillment.
· Create or procure training materials on group projects for sales team as needed.
· Assist in creation of new group programs and events that increase sales opportunities and overall group tickets/revenue.
· Effectively manage team lead generation & assignment as well as sales funnel production.
· Share, contribute and learn from NBA best practice calls, conferences, and discussions.
· Participate and contribute in Ticket Sales Department Leadership team meetings and strategy.
· Accompany sales staff on high-level season ticket, group, and premium prospect meetings.
· Produce daily reports and updates on key performance indicators for staff and management.
· Actively participates in Team Member sales skills training and development opportunities.
· Respond in a timely manner to calls, inquiries and emails related to the above areas of responsibility and to general information requests as needed.
Characteristics / Qualifications
· Bachelor’s degree required.
· A minimum of 2-5 years of ticket sales and/or service management experience.
· A proven track record in relationship building and networking skills with ability to interact effectively and professionally.
· Demonstrated dedication with the ability to oversee projects from origin through execution.
· Willingness to learn and should be able to flourish in a high growth, dynamic environment.
· Effective communication skills, both oral and written.
· Self-starter and entrepreneurial spirit with hands-on approach towards business.