Spurs Sports & Entertainment (SS&E) is seeking positive and passionate individuals that are committed to becoming sales leaders in the sports and entertainment industry. This position is a 12 month career growth-oriented sales development program which will focus on the development of the skills and knowledge needed to become a senior sales professional. The intention of this program is to grow the Consultants’ skills to a level that will warrant a promotion to a senior level sales position in the sports industry upon the successful completion of the program.
Responsibilities will include generating new revenue through the selling of season tickets and group tickets for the San Antonio Spurs, Rampage, Stars, SAFC, and AT&T Center Family Shows and/or Events. This position is responsible for generating revenue via phone calls, prospecting, referrals, face-to-face presentations and in-arena appointments with a strong focus on relationship sales and customer retention.
In every position, each employee is expected to: Demonstrate Alignment with SS&E’s Core Values and Mission, Collaborate with Internal/External Family Members and Demonstrate Ongoing Development.
- Initiate sells of new full season tickets, partial season ticket packages and group tickets for all SS&E properties
- Develop relationships, set face-to-face appointments (both externally and at the AT&T Center) and show seats to potential customers with the objective to close new business. Make 100+ outbound phone calls daily.
- Continuously look for ways to develop and grow new and existing customer relationships through seat visits, prospecting, referrals and other ticket sales initiatives (sales booths, in-house events and off-site community events) Maintain electronic records of all customers and prospects with our CRM system.
- Greet, Support, and Serve current and potential clients daily and at games. Work games, nights, weekends and holidays as assigned.
- Collaboration with key internal/external resources
- Commit to on-going sales training and development of best sales practices through weekly meetings and role-play sessions. Attend all other sales department meetings and customer service events as assigned.
- Other Duties as Assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Sports Management, Marketing a related field or equivalent job experience in a related field.
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Drive and desire to be a sales industry leader.
- Ability to work as a team player while being open and willing to learn.
- Ability to present sales information to potential clients.
- Ability to work flexible hours including evenings, weekends, some holidays, and event nights.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Outlook, and Excel.
- Commitment to personal integrity
*SS&E is an Equal Opportunity Employer*
Nothing contained in this job description is intended to be a contract of employment, nor does any information contained herein represent a guarantee of employment for a specific duration. Your employment with SS&E is “at will”, which means that either you or SS&E may terminate the relationship at any time.