Lead the day-to-day, multi-channel execution of the teams’ social media efforts.
Primary (Essential) Duties
You MUST be able to perform the following tasks:
- Lead the Suns social media platforms, including but not limited to Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and Snapchat, while making organizational decisions that support business goals and the growth of the channels themselves
- Utilize the platforms to share team & brand content, build fan affinity, and drive business objectives
- Conceptualize and create a wide range of original content for distribution on team’s social platforms, including photos, video, animation, graphics and more.
- Cover Suns team events, including practices, games, community outreach initiatives and sponsor activations.
- Work with Content, Communications & Digital teams to outline and activate a social media content calendar.
- Play a key role in advancing the Suns’ content efforts, including developing content, sharing best practices & industry trends, and providing expertise around social media practices.
Knowledge, Skills and/or Abilities
- In addition to social media experience, writing and video editing experience for teams, websites or media outlets is preferred
- Digital photography experience preferred: shooting and editing via Photoshop
- Knowledge of the NBA, its culture and the Suns preferred
- Creative, collaborative, and energetic approach
- Additional duties as assigned by supervisor
- Undergraduate Degree
- 3-4 years of related social media experience
- Working knowledge of Photoshop
Working Conditions and Physical Demands
- Candidate will be required to spend the majority of each day looking at a computer monitor and mobile devices
- Overtime hours will be required
- Traditional business hours with the addition of weekends, evenings, holidays and some overtime to meet business needs
- Occasional travel required
The physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This is not an all-inclusive document. Additional duties, expectations, demands, etc. may be added or changed to this document on an as-needed basis in order to meet organizational needs.
The Phoenix Suns are an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V