The Oklahoma City Thunder, founded in 2008, has developed into an NBA franchise with strong fan, corporate and community support. We are proud to be a part of a regional cultural renaissance and strive to focus on meaningful community leadership as an organization and as individual members of our community. By joining our team, you will be part of a first-class organization that values professionalism, mutual respect and kindness, as well as the talent you contribute.
Honored as Emmy Award recipients, we are committed to delivering a high-quality product to our fans as we tell the story of our brand. By joining us as Video Photographer and Graphics Editor, you will be part of a team of creative professionals, collaborating to create a polished product. You will be responsible for shoots and edits for a wide variety of assigned events including, but not limited to, practices, community events, and in-arena game footage. The ideal candidate will be both video journalist and graphic designer, with the communication and writing skills needed to combine elements to tell a story.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Operate team-owned camera equipment at special events and works on delivering content across all Thunder media platforms: TV/Radio, in-arena, website and social media.
- Work as a “one person band” reporting, writing and editing features
- Shoot home-game morning practices, community relations events, conversation sit downs with players and features for the Oklahoma City Thunder
- Edit 4-5 features each week, sequences for in-game use and for FOX Sports Oklahoma usage and video requests from other departments
- Create graphics and animation used in various features
- Maintain good attendance and punctuality
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Minimum 3 years’ experience shooting live, live-to-tape, or taped programming for broadcast in mid-size television market
- Must be well-versed in photography styles and techniques while being an expert editor
- Strong non-linear AVID editing skills
- Comprehensive knowledge of NBA Basketball
- Ability to successfully plan and field-produce shoots
- Possess solid writing skills and creative storytelling talent
- Excellent oral communication skills and proven ability to work well in a team environment
- Work quickly and accurately under pressure, understanding the impact of timing on the needs of others
- Be detail-oriented and use good judgment in the decision-making process
- Ability to work through problems in an efficient and courteous manner
- Physical requirements of the job may include lifting 50 pounds, working outdoor events in adverse weather conditions, or working games in an environment with high noise levels
- Must be willing and able to work a schedule that will include office hours as well as evenings, weekends and holidays
This is a full-time, non-exempt position reporting to the Director, Broadcast Production.
*The Professional Basketball Club, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer*