General Overview: The Cleveland Cavaliers Operating Company is looking for an energetic, quantitative minded leader who wants to grow their career by using data and analytics to drive business decisions. The role will primarily focus on the Cleveland Cavaliers business operations/revenue, but will also work with all properties associated with the Cavaliers Operating Company (Cleveland Monsters, Canton Charge, Cleveland Gladiators and Quicken Loans Arena Events).
Responsibilities include leading and managing an integrated data and analysis strategy by:
- Analyze multiple data sources and recommend strategies to drive profitable growth for revenue areas of the business
- Manage and lead reporting structure for revenue driving areas of the organization including regular reports and ad hoc reports
- Design, develop, implement and maintain a scientific testing plan related to all revenue areas of the business
- Partner with stakeholders throughout the organization to maintain an integrated data and analysis strategy
- Collaborate with data and IT experts to develop business requirements around new data requests and new data sources
- Develop techniques to identify, extract and analyze data to support business decisions
- Propose and effectively disseminate cutting edge ideas, process improvements and best practice research to advance the organization’s analytical capabilities
- Endeavor to contribute positively to the culture of the organization
- Advocate for the use of data in helping to drive business decision
- Strong working knowledge of data analysis and visualization tools such as SQL and Tableau
- Bachelor’s Degree in Quantitative field (i.e. Math, Statistics, Engineering, Economics or Computer Science). Advanced degree preferred
- 2+ years of related professional experience in analytics, strategy or consulting
- Knowledge and experience using quantitative methods and tools
- Demonstrated ability to effectively work and communicate with both technical and business minded professionals
- Experience using statistical models to support business objectives
- Familiarity with descriptive and predictive analytics
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and work independently
- Strong critical thinking, analytical and problem solving skills
- Results focused
- Ideal candidates will have advanced modeling skills, SQL programming skills, Microsoft Dynamics proficiency, Tableau expertise, experience in complex, data driven problem solving, and demonstrated experience working in a cross functional, entrepreneurial culture
Get MVP Insight
Stay Ahead of the Competition
With MVP Access you get "insider" information on when your application was reviewed,
how many candidates applied, blue ribbon insignia as a serious candidate, weekly
career coaching tips, plus links to load your application.
MVP Access applications are viewed 9x more frequently than non-MVP applicants (based
on data from 2011 - 2013).
See Job Insights, when you upgrade to MVP Access...
Upgrade to MVP Access
Note: This position was originally posted on the Cavs/Monsters/Charge/Gladiators/Q Arena employment site. To ensure that your application is
considered for this position, please tap "Apply" below to apply for this job on the Cavs/Monsters/Charge/Gladiators/Q Arena employment site.