As the Director of Business Development you’re responsible for all sales of New Memberships (Season Tickets) for the NAZ Suns as well as Partial Plans, Groups, Single Game Tickets and prospective Marketing Partners. You will be asked to build a Business Plan and execute all business development opportunities for NAZ Suns. Also, you’re responsible for leading the strategy around recruiting, training and developing our Sales Team in Northern Arizona. In addition, you are tasked with taking the lead on in game selling, and running new sales events as well as potential Marketing Partnership Opportunities.
Primary (Essential) Duties
- Recruit, hire, train, coach & develop a staff of Account Executives
- Attend appointments with staff in an effort to help drive new & retain revenue
- Execute training exercises and activities on a daily/weekly basis
- Lead sales phone calls for your reps in an effort to train them on best practices
- Attend all Northern Arizona Suns games & handle all in game sales related activities
- Responsible for researching and recommending new sales events
- Attend team and community events for the purpose of maximizing sales opportunities
- Assist in the production of all support materials for sales department.
- Cross-training of other departments on sales related initiatives
- Staff all sales tables & rep assignments for game and non-game day events
Knowledge, Skills and/or Abilities
- Knowledge of Ticketmaster, Archtics, Microsoft Dynamics CRM system(s) preferred
- Basic understanding of advanced analytics & variable pricing preferred
- Ability to present in front of large audiences preferred
- Passion for seeing others succeed, and growing careers
- Passion for sports ticket sales a must
- Proficiency in all Microsoft Office products such as: Outlook, Word, Excel
- Strong communication skills, positive attitude, and an eagerness to learn are a must.
- Excellent relationship building skills
- Ability to work as a team player
- Desire to manage & lead a team a must
- First class recruiter
- Minimum of 4 years sports ticket sales/service related experience
- Minimum of 2 years sales management experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required
Working Conditions and Physical Demands:
- Flexible schedule to include weekends, evenings, and some holidays to meet business needs
- Must be available for all NAZ Suns home games, along with outside appointments and events as scheduled
- Reliable transportation to attend out of office appointments preferred
The physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.This is not an all-inclusive document. Additional duties, expectations, demands, etc. may be added or changed to this document on an as-needed basis in order to meet organizational needs.
The Northern Arizona Suns are an Equal Opportunity Employer