Assist the Basketball Operations department pre-game, during the game, and post-game with a variety of duties. Position begins October 2017 and ends April 2018.
Primary (Essential) Duties
- Assist and rebound for players (home and visiting team) during warm-ups
During the game
- Mop court during game play
- Deliver/collect food and water for staff
- Assist during time-outs as needed
- Support staff as needed
- Assist with free-throws when applicable
- Support staff with clean-up and storage duties
Other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills and/or Abilities
- Available to work 4-5 hours per home game, arriving one hour and 45 minutes before tip-off and departing 15 minutes after the conclusion of each game.
- Professionalism, judgment and maturity in handling confidential matters.
- Outgoing personality
- Ability to multi-task
- Must be a minimum age of 16. Candidates under the age of 18 must provide a valid work permit before employment may begin.
Working Conditions and Physical Demands
- Must be available to attend most Northern Arizona Suns home games.
- Ability to stand and walk for extended periods of time
- Ability to bend, climb stairs, work in high elevations and enclosed spaces
- Must be comfortable working in large crowds. Noise levels in the work environment are frequently loud
- May be exposed to outside elements
- Must be able to lift up to 30 pounds as needed
The physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This is not an all-inclusive document. Additional duties, expectations, demands, etc. may be added or changed to this document on an as-needed basis in order to meet organizational needs.
The Phoenix Suns and Northern Arizona Suns are an Equal Opportunity Employer