The Marketing Intern will support two functions within the Marketing Strategy department. The new intern will be responsible for assisting the Director, Advertising with the administration of game and event advertising. In particular, the Marketing Intern will provide billing, invoicing and administrative support.
The Marketing Intern will also report to the Sr. Director, Digital in providing Memphis Grizzlies marketing project support ranging from campaign planning and execution to assisting with related data gathering and ongoing campaign analysis needs.
This position plays an active role in building an awareness and excitement for Memphis Grizzlies and FedExForum events as well as tracking campaign performance and results.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Trafficking ad materials for approval.
- Code and screen invoices against traffic instructions and insertion orders.
- Research statements and follow-up with finance regarding payment as needed.
- Acquire media kits and rate information from radio, tv and web sites.
- Assist with updating online ad reporting.
- Collect and file faxes from publications, TV & radio stations, and promoters.
- Distribute print ad material as needed.
- Review tear-sheets for correct ads per insertion orders and maintain files.
- Distribute flyers, posters, gift packages, etc.
Digital & Social Media
- Assist with ongoing market research initiatives and data collection/entry.
- Work with Senior Director, Digital and Marketing Strategy Analyst to assist with data gathering and reporting initiatives across marketing channels to gain business and consumer insights.
- Assist Senior Director, Digital and Social Media Strategist in maintaining the social media content calendar, social media, web and mobile media ad campaign set up, maintenance and campaign monitoring.
- Participate in content and marketing strategy discussions and actively contribute to creative and/or technical solutions.
- Other duties as required.
Required Skills, Experience & Abilities
- Must be currently pursuing or have recently completed a bachelor’s or graduate degree from an accredited college or university in a related field. Work in research and data analytics preferred.
- Must be highly organized and detail-oriented with outstanding time/task management skills.
- Experience working with Microsoft SQL Server Database Systems, related tools and skill in executing SQL Server scripts preferred.
- R, Tableau, Archtics, or Trackmaven experience, a bonus.
- Experience working with Scarborough Research Data, R or Tableau, a plus.
- Skill in gathering requirements for data visualizations, dashboards and reports.
- Exhibit critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Proficient in Excel or Google Sheets (pivot tables, filters and basic formulas), MSWord, & MSOffice.
- Excellent people skills with the ability to interact professionally with staff and management, professional and elite athletes, members of the media, senior government officials, and corporate representatives.
- Accept direction from several individuals and prioritize tasks accordingly.
- Ability to work 40 plus hours per week.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule including nights and weekends as required.
- Knowledge and passion for NBA Basketball.