The Atlanta Hawks & Philips Arena are looking for a rock star Benefits Manager to administer all of its employee benefits plans, including facilitating open enrollment and managing vendor and broker relationships. This role develops, recommends and implements new employee benefit plans and policies, as well as modifications to existing plans and policies.
The Benefits Manager facilitates regular plan utilization reviews to reduce costs and prepare for annual plan renewal processes. This role performs analysis of renewal costs, recommends plan changes to manage costs and prepares executive summary for the Company’s Vice President of Human Resources and the Chief Operating Officer.
In addition, the Benefits Manager oversees the Company’s Perks & Discounts program including administration of existing programs, as well as sourcing and implementing new programs.
If you have over 5 years of benefits administration experience and a passion for the following:
- Administration of all benefits plans for team members, coaches and players.
- Stay abreast of benefits trends and developments and makes recommendations for program/policy changes as appropriate.
- Resolution of team member benefits issues.
- Administer Workers Compensation program and partners with Legal and Risk Management vendor to ensure compliance and mitigate potential legal exposure.
- Plan and execute regular lunch and learn sessions to educate employees on benefits available to them and/or promote wellness initiatives.
- Manage Annual Enrollment process including system configuration, carrier/vendor interface set up, communications and presentations.
- Responsible for providing data and reports to fulfill compliance requirements or requests from Legal, Finance, the NBA or external auditors.
- Work with external vendors to ensure accurate configuration and maintenance of all supporting systems.
- Reconcile and process monthly benefits invoices.
- Manage Company’s Perks & Discounts Program.
- Oversee the Company Partner Vehicle Program.
- Facilitate Company’s relocation program including coordinating moves and temporary housing.
- Responsible for year-end processes including 401k match true up, annual contribution calculation, and payroll deduction loads for the next plan year.
- 5+ years’ health & welfare benefits administration experience
- Strong knowledge of benefits compliance requirements
- Strong customer service mentality
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects
- Strong interpersonal skills sufficient to interact at multiple management levels in a diplomatic and professional manner
- Strong MS Office skills: Advanced Excel, Intermediate to Advanced Word and Power Point
- Experience with Workday a plus
The Atlanta Hawks & Philips Arena is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer committed to providing equal opportunity in all of our employment practices, including selection, hiring, assignment, re-assignment, promotion, transfer, compensation, discipline, and termination. The Company prohibits discrimination, harassment, and retaliation in employment based on race; color; religion; national origin; sexual orientation; gender (including same gender); pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions; age; disability or handicap; citizenship status; veteran status; genetic information; or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law. Violation of this policy will result in disciplinary action, up to and including immediate termination.