The eligible candidate will service and interact with a diverse group of clients; both internal and external. This position will oversee the game presentation of the San Antonio Rampage (AHL) and San Antonio Stars (WNBA), working with internal stakeholders. It is important for this candidate to be able to coordinate the game-scripting, conception, planning, and execution of all elements over the course of a season through internal and external contacts (sponsors, contestants, season ticket members, etc.) as well as prioritize and organize a diverse workload.
This position will also be responsible for providing support to the Director of Business Operations regarding game presentation, communication, and budgeting. The eligible candidate should meet the following qualifications, including but not limited to: direct Rampage and Stars games, manage multiple working documents, make quick decisions, maintain a professional demeanor and positive attitude, have strong organizational skills, and manage multiple personalities of direct and indirect reports.
In every position, each employee is expected to: Demonstrate Alignment with SS&E’s Core Values and Mission, Collaborate with Internal/External Family Members and Demonstrate Ongoing Development.
- Game directing for San Antonio Rampage and San Antonio Stars – direct different areas of game presentation (audio, cameras, graphics, spotlights, LEDs, promotions, mascots, announcers, and entertainment teams) during all Stars and Rampage games.
- Oversee the game presentation for San Antonio Rampage and San Antonio Stars franchises – includes all rules/guidelines for in-game execution, including entertainment teams, Game Crew, and part time staff on a game night, as well as meeting with different departments to assist in planning of upcoming games.
- Oversee game scripts and public address announcements for in-game use – working with sponsorship, marketing, and ticket sales departments to fulfill all contractual obligations.
- Game day supervisor of San Antonio Stars Star Squad – staying in constant communication with choreographers of each dance team and managing team performance.
- Oversee in-arena hosts and PA announcer for San Antonio Rampage and San Antonio Stars – provide feedback to in-arena hosts and PA announcer regarding performance.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university required.
- Minimum 1-2 years event planning experience
- Preferred 1-2 years game presentation experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Excel, Word, Power Point and other computer skills required.
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks and support multiple high level positions.
- Must have high level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations and information.
- Demonstrate poise, tact and diplomacy
- Strong teamwork aptitude required
- Strong customer service skills required; both internal and external
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently and coordinate multiple tasks
- Stand/sit/walk for long periods of time.
- Ability to lift/push/pull 25 lbs. on a regular basis
- Ability spend over 8 hours working on certain day