Job Title: Helpdesk Support Specialist
Department: Information Technology
Reports to: Director of Technology
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Date Modified: 9/26/2017
Position Summary/Objective: The Helpdesk Support Specialist position is responsible for providing Information Systems support to Minnesota Timberwolves and Lynx Staff. Primary responsibilities include support of end users, and helping to setup and take down technology for events both on and off site.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform these essential functions:
- Provide Tier 1 helpdesk support for end users
- Provide technical assistance and support for incoming issues and requests related to computer systems, software, and hardware.
- Respond in a timely manner to customer inquiries for help through problem recognition, research, isolation, resolution, and follow-up steps
- Respond to helpdesk tickets, telephone calls, e-mail, and personnel requests for technical support
- Document, track, monitor, and close tickets to ensure a timely resolution
- Assist with various hardware and software roll outs and upgrades
- Set up new users with logins, e-mail accounts, and phone extensions with voicemail
- Coordinate user access levels via Active Directory
- Setup and reimage computers, both PC and Mac
- Updating, adding, and changing all asset information for end users
- Rewiring or adding additional cabling for data, TV, or other technology drops
- Document IT Department systems and procedures
- Performs other related duties as required
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities & Other:
- Strong written and verbal communication skills required.
- Computer skills required: Working with browsers (IE, Chrome, Firefox), experience with Microsoft Office Products 2013, 2016, and/or Office 365.
- Experience with Windows 7, Windows 8.1, Windows 10 is required.
- Experience with Mac operating systems is preferred.
- Experience with Windows Server 2008, 2012, and/or 2016 is preferred.
- Microsoft Active Directory is preferred.
- Experience with Microsoft Office 365 portal preferred.
- Available to work non-traditional business hours including nights, weekends and holidays.
- Ability to work well on a team and independently.
- Ability to manage workload with general instructions and periodic review from supervisor.
- Ability to lift 30 pounds on your own.
Experience: Strong understanding of general networking, PCs, macs, servers, and telephony technology is required.
Education: Having received or is working towards a degree in Information Technology, Networking, or related field; or equivalent combination of education and experience required.
Specialized Knowledge, Licenses, etc.:
Supervisory Responsibility, if any: This position does not have supervisory responsibilities
This job operates in a professional office environment and within a sports arena. Office hours vary on a day to day basis which include evenings, weekends and holidays. In addition to working office hours staff may work external events including but not limited to: charity and networking events. Work is generally sedentary in nature. The working environment is generally favorable. Lighting and temperature are adequate, and there are no hazardous or unpleasant conditions caused by noise, dust, etc. Work is generally performed within an office environment, with standard office equipment available. This job also operates in a sports arena, which includes bleachers/steps, catwalk over arena floor (100 feet up) and crawling into tight spaces to troubleshoot technological issues.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to communicate and exchange information with others both in person and over the telephone. The employee frequently is required to remain in a stationary position, as well as operate computers and other office equipment, such as a copy machine, printer and telephone. Staff will infrequently ascend and descend bleachers/steps and traverse around the arena both on event days and non-event days. Staff may occasionally move boxes/packages weighing up to 30 pounds.
Position may require limited travel to external events as well as travel to deliver packages.
The Minnesota Timberwolves and Lynx are an equal employment opportunity organization. ?