This position is responsible for assisting in collecting, recording and disseminating accounting and financial information, related to assigned areas.
Review and Approve Accounts Payable (API online system) and Expense Reports (Certify online system) for assigned departments
Analyze and record revenue and expenses related to Food & Beverage, invoicing third party providers as necessary
Analyze and record revenue related to parking, including providing sales data to third party operator, reviewing monthly parking reports, and invoicing as deemed necessary
Record Special Event Merchandise revenue and prepare related vendor payments
- Reconcile inventory subledgers to the general ledger, preparing monthly entries as needed related to event/non-event retail sales, web sales, and cost of goods sold.
- Participate in the Month-End Close Process and perform general accounting functions, such as proposing journal entries, generating general ledger reports, preparing balance sheet reconciliations for assigned accounts as well as the Company’s Foundation
- Assist with audits, preparing audit schedules as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, preferred.
- 2-3 years of relevant accounting experience in a professional work environment, with increasing responsibility for financial statement preparation
- Able to handle deadlines in a constantly evolving fast paced environment
- Attention to detail and ability to maintain a high level of accuracy
- Effective analytical and problem solving skills, plus demonstrate drive and a willingness to take ownership for tasks and responsibilities
- Excellent teamwork and interpersonal skills, communication skills, and organizational skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Great Plains and Not-for Profit accounting, a plus
The Atlanta Hawks & Philips Arena is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer committed to providing equal opportunity in all of our employment practices, including selection, hiring, assignment, re-assignment, promotion, transfer, compensation, discipline, and termination. The Company prohibits discrimination, harassment, and retaliation in employment based on race; color; religion; national origin; sexual orientation; gender (including same gender); pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions; age; disability or handicap; citizenship status; veteran status; genetic information; or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law. Violation of this policy will result in disciplinary action, up to and including immediate termination.