The Digital Sales & Database Manager works closely with the Tickets Sales and Service teams to ensure data standards are met and sales campaigns executed successfully. You will be responsible for handling and maintaining our KORE/AXS databases, CRM, and data relationships with third party vendors, such as Fan Interactive Marketing. You coordinate the development, utilization, and maintenance of data in accordance with the Ticket Sales and Service needs and objectives of the organization. You interpret customer correspondence to increase customer satisfaction and overall quality control of the LA Clippers and are responsible for supporting all digital ticket sales, database sales and analyst activities within the department to assure consistent customer service and sales objectives are met while maintaining the brand standards of the LA Clippers.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Assume responsibility for management of data in our Ticket Sales & Service databases.
- Serve as primary point of contact for Clippers Sales prospect and customer database, identifying opportunities to improve marketing systems and data management.
- Support sales automation efforts by maintaining our CRM database, ensuring its accuracy, health and completeness; help to create integration points and automate wherever possible.
- Help in the execution, management and analysis of e-mail sales and direct mail sales campaigns. Includes coordinating with various sales teams to achieve Ticket Sales goals: Full/Half Season Tickets, Partial Plans, Group, and Event suite ticket revenue.
- Assist management with Club CRM guidelines to effectively coordinate strategy for customer interactions, sales prospecting, and long term customer retention.
- Effectively update, maintain, and provide training for staff on Microsoft Dynamics CRM/KORE.
- Use all database systems to remain constantly up to date on all digital ticket sales.
- Build and assist in developing and implementing thorough social media selling campaigns.
- Coordinate and implement overall email sales activity, including preparing email campaigns and management of lists designed to generate ticket revenue and drive traffic to team’s online properties.
- Identify opportunities and implement actions to bolster data capture efforts, grow the team’s email and mobile database (via traditional collection methods, relevant list purchases and data acquisition) and improve email campaign open/click-thru rates.
- Provide the Ticket Sales and Service teams with qualified sales lead lists, marketing and customer demographic information, and patron and transactional analysis.
- Manage list generation and targeting of Season Ticket Holder retention, future venue seating priority, ticket sales leads, among others.
- Provide campaign and promotional recaps generated from the analysis of overall ticket sales, sales channels, and other variable factors .
- Coordinating digital sales campaigns with internal departments and 3rd party sellers.
- Work with ticket operations to assure timely delivery of tickets, proper billing and follow up year round.
- Work with sales managers to have timely and accurate information about all current sales campaigns and general service information including current and new packages, upcoming events, etc.
- Work with Sales and Service and database teams to execute, schedule prospecting and reports on Sales and Service team call and digital campaigns.
- Coordinate all customer “thank you” activities (e-mails, letters, helping reps with new account list to send notes to).
- Develop a customer inquiry tracking system to understand types of inquiries and assure proper follow up is happening.
- Develop and run a lead scoring system so the most qualified leads are prioritized and assigned appropriately.
- Volunteer efforts for other departments.
- Special projects as assigned by management.
- Special sales efforts as assigned by management.
- May be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the company including working game nights.
Characteristics / Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Statistics or Sports Business, Administration, Management, communications with additional corresponding experience.
- 3+ years recent hands-on experience with database management in Microsoft Dynamics and KORE CRM database.
- Knowledge and/or experience with Ticketing System Software (AXS).
- Ability to exercise independent ideas to evolve database projects and functions.
- Experience in database sales, CRM or customer service a plus.
- Experience in sports & entertainment or hospitality industry preferred.
- Experience with Microsoft Office.
- Working knowledge of HTML and Adobe Photoshop a plus.
- Ability to use and pick up on complex computer programs.
- Ability to provide sales reports and contact status back to management on a daily and weekly basis.
- A self-starter, with real drive and initiative to succeed and develop a career in the sports and entertainment industry.
- Assertive, persistence and results oriented.
- While looking to succeed personally, support team environment and adhere to departmental guidelines.
- Ability to read, listen and communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to consistently re-prioritize based on department needs.
- Demonstrated dedication with the ability to oversee projects from origin through execution.
- Willingness to learn and should be able to flourish in a high growth, dynamic environment.
- Effective communication skills, both oral and written.
- Self-starter and entrepreneurial spirit with hands-on approach towards business.
On a personal level, you will be a real teammate who can successfully work in a rapidly changing environment where excellence is rewarded. You bring a creative spark and fresh thinking to the team. You are an upbeat, charismatic contributor that possesses very strong communications and interpersonal skills. You are not only performance and deadline driven, but will possess a strong strategic sense, as well as a “can do” attitude.
You demonstrate flexibility and resourcefulness, as well as rapidly establish credibility both within, and outside of, the organization and exhibit your greatest effectiveness as a member of the team and the organization. Most importantly, you are ethical and have an unquestioned level of personal and professional integrity.
Equal Opportunity Statement
The LA Clippers are an equal opportunity employer. It is the Clipper’s desire and intent that all employees enjoy a professional business working environment that is free from discrimination and harassment.