The Corporate Partnerships Manager will be responsible for the generation and development of corporate partnerships revenue for the LA Clippers. The sales executive will be responsible for achieving both individual and departmental revenue goals through the sale of media, signage, promotions, digital/social, hospitality, tickets and all other team marketing assets.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Serve as the primary internal and external contact for execution and fulfillment of assigned Corporate Partner agreements.
- Manage Corporate Partnership renewal process, including presentation of recap documents, providing recommendations for growing the partnership, preparation of renewal proposals, account summaries and deal term preparation.
- Develop new and exciting concepts, in conjunction with assigned Corporate Partners, providing measurable benefit to each individual organization based on stated needs and objectives.
- Create added value and up-sell opportunities for existing Corporate Partners.
- Oversee all elements of Corporate Partner agreements in relation to signage, print, television, radio, memberships, Internet, promotions, community relations, and hospitality.
- Organize, schedule, and coordinate receptions, hospitality and tickets per Partnership agreements.
- Partner with Finance department to ensure accurate and timely billing per contract and also monitoring of payments received.
- Oversee all Partner related activities during game nights in regards to intern assistance, receptions, promotions, signage, tickets, and hospitality.
- Attend and participate in weekly departmental sales and game-related marketing and activation meetings.
- Generate and distribute account summaries for assigned Corporate Partners.
- Be knowledgeable of corporate partner’s business and industry
- Manage Corporate Partners expectations on processes, timelines, approvals and deadlines.
- Partner with internal departments including, Marketing, Community Relations, Communications, Ticket Sales & Services to create a broader activation platform for Corporate Partners.
- Focus on providing measurable metrics that demonstrate ROI for our Corporate Partners.
- Strive to achieve or exceed company and department renewal and incremental revenue objectives.
Characteristics / Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, business, marketing (or similar field) or Sports Management from four-year college or university required.
- Minimum of five years in a marketing position with a consumer brand, agency, media/sports property or similar account management position in a pro-sports team required.
- Consumer marketing and/or retail sales promotion experience required.
- Strong customer service background.
- Experience at developing activation marketing plans, promotions, presentations and proposals.
- Demonstrated knowledge of general promotional concepts and marketing principles.
- Must be able to develop and maintain corporate relationships, with senior level executives, managers/clients.
- Must have in-depth working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, and Outlook.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Willingness to work long and sometimes irregular hours a must to include nights, holidays and weekends.
- Demonstrated dedication with the ability to oversee projects from origin through execution.
- Willingness to learn and should be able to flourish in a high growth, dynamic environment.
- Effective communication skills, both oral and written.
- Self-starter and entrepreneurial spirit with hands-on approach towards business.