Job Title: Creative Projects Manager
Reports to: Vice President of Marketing
Position Type: Full Time/Regular/Exempt
Date Modified: 9/26/2017
Position Summary/Objective: This position will directly support the Vice President of Marketing with oversight of all creative project requests within creative, digital, event marketing, broadcast, merchandise and live programming areas. This individual will serve as the point person on all tactical elements for creative marketing projects within the Timberwolves and Lynx organization.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform these essential functions:
- Create, implement and maintain annual marketing calendar to provide all creative departments with concrete timelines on major campaigns and milestones.
- Work with Vice President of Marketing to establish and enforce internal job request processes, including managing the execution, delivery and archival on all projects within the internal project request system (InMotion).
- Enhance efficiency of project workflow from start to finish while communicating updates to all job requesters and ensuring final products are delivered on schedule and meet Timberwolves and Lynx brand standards.
- Manage variety of mid-sized-to-large projects including multi-platform and multi-department initiatives that require identification of resource allocation, project tasks, budget, and timeline.
- Oversee execution of project plans, development and delivery of all requests within the Marketing department, as well as coordination of direct marketing needs on Media and Production days.
- Manage department drives, server structure, as well as the review, editing, and sorting, and requests for all Timberwolves and Lynx photo/assets.
- Work with the Vice President of Marketing to execute annual brand audits and ensure project execution support both short-term and long-term company initiatives.
- Lead project status update meetings and communicate project details with Senior Leadership team as needed.
- In collaboration with the Vice President of Marketing, work with advertising and media agencies to identify creative needs, and delivery of elements.
- Manage 3rd party vendor relationships on all additional “resourced” projects.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities & Other:
- Strong verbal and written communication skills required.
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook) is strongly preferred.
- Ability to foster professional relationships across all levels of an organization.
- Ability to identify key individuals necessary for efficient project completion.
- Strong multi-tasking ability.
- Exceptional attention to detail and organizational skills preferred.
- Ability to work autonomously and as part of a team.
Experience: Minimum five (5) years of experience in marketing, advertising or project management required.
Education: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Specialized Knowledge, Licenses, etc.: Knowledge and passion for the Timberwolves and Lynx brand(s) preferred.
Supervisory Responsibility, if any: This position does not have supervisory responsibility
This job operates in a professional office environment. Office hours are typically Monday-Friday from 8:00 AM-5:00PM. In addition to working office hours staff will at times work home games as necessary. Work is both sedentary and active in nature. The working environment is generally favorable. Lighting and temperature are adequate, and there are no hazardous or unpleasant conditions caused by noise, dust, etc. Work is generally performed within an office environment, with standard office equipment available. This job also operates in a sports arena, which includes bleachers/steps. .
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to communicate and exchange information with others both in person and over the telephone. The employee frequently is required to remain in a stationary position, as well as operate computers and other office equipment, such as a copy machine, printer and telephone. Staff will frequently ascend and descend bleachers/steps and traverse around the building both on event days and non-event days. Staff may occasionally move items weighing up to 30 pounds.
This position may require some travel.
The Minnesota Timberwolves and Lynx are an equal employment opportunity organization.