The Executive Assistant will be responsible for performing high-level administrative and project coordination for the General Counsel and the Chief Financial Officer of the Suns & GM of Mercury.
Primary (Essential) Duties
- Responsible for the performance of high-level administrative and project coordination for two senior executives: General Counsel, and the Chief Financial Officer of the Suns & GM of Mercury. This includes but is not limited to answering phones, managing calendars, maintaining a department supply inventory, and coordinating various meetings and events
- Coordinating the travel schedule and housing arrangements for the Phoenix Mercury
- Make independent decisions and judgments on areas of responsibility with limited supervision, including coordination with certain vendors, purchase of necessary department equipment, and creation and dissemination of various communications
- Schedule travel for CFO and General Counsel, process expense reports and maintain a department supply inventory;
- Manage different and often conflicting schedules, projects or activities
- Order and process game tickets as required and coordinating project plans, action steps and communication;
- Assist General Counsel and Paralegal with obtaining signatures, scanning, saving, and distributing all legal documents
- Assist with organization of Legal and Financial departments’ archives
- Assist General Manager with communication with Mercury coaches, trainer, equipment manager, and players as needed.
Additional Responsibilities/Non-Essential Duties
- Training and back-up for other administrative assistants and receptionists
- Participation on company committees, taking meeting notes as directed
- Take on special projects and drives them to completion
Knowledge, Skills and/or Abilities
- Must demonstrate a high level of confidentiality
- Must be high energy, very detail-oriented, intuitive, a self-starter, diplomatic, have the ability to manage projects, and work with minimal supervision
- This person represents the senior leaders of the company and so must possess high levels of professionalism, discretion in handling confidential information, have demonstrated problem solving, prioritization and organizational experience
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Must be able to appropriately prioritize workload, as well as demonstrate flexibility and poise when responding to unanticipated events
- This position requires strong MS Office with an emphasis on Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel and Word.
- Ability to make independent decisions on issues that impact the company and President
- Ability to create and develop clear, effective reports, presentations and communications for a wide variety of audiences
- Minimum of 5+ years' experience assisting a Sr. level Executive
- Previous experience supporting multiple Sr. Executives preferred
- NBA knowledge or previous experience supporting an NBA Executive, a plus
Working Conditions and Physical Demands:
- Traditional work schedule to include occasional evenings, weekends, and holidays to meet business needs.
The physical demands are representative of those required for the employee to be successful in performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to assist individuals with disabilities
This is not an all-inclusive document. Additional duties, expectations, demands, etc. may be added or changed to this document on an as-needed basis in order to meet organizational needs.
The Phoenix Suns are an Equal Opportunity Employer