This position is responsible for assisting in collecting, recording and disseminating information, related to accounts payable and receivable.
- Prepare and review daily AP batches, download files from online system
- Key manual payment requests into AP subledger and prepare check runs for mailing
- Record petty cash transactions and wires sent in the AP subledger
- Assist with the maintenance of Certify (online expense reporting) and API (online Accounts Payable) systems, including but not limited to responding to user questions and issues timely as well as training new users
- Review API resolution queues daily, resolve issues or route documents
- Identifies and investigates any issues with provider bills and obtains mutual resolution of discrepancies.
- Reports any unresolved disputes with vendors to management for resolution.
- Maintains accurate record of all W-9 information and ensures all W-9 information is in place prior to issuing payment.
- Assist with the preparation of annual 1099 forms.
- Assist with the Maintenance of customer and vendor files
- Process and post daily cash receipts via lockbox
- Respond to customer inquiries in a timely manner
- Resolve collections issues, prepare and send past due notices and statements
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, preferred.
- 1-2 years of relevant accounting experience, including responsibilities encompassing accounts payable and receivable
- Able to handle deadlines in a constantly evolving fast paced environment
- Attention to detail and ability to maintain a high level of accuracy
- Effective analytical and problem solving skills, plus demonstrate drive and a willingness to take ownership for tasks and responsibilities
- Excellent teamwork and interpersonal skills, communication skills, and organizational skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Great Plains a plus
The Atlanta Hawks & Philips Arena is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer committed to providing equal opportunity in all of our employment practices, including selection, hiring, assignment, re-assignment, promotion, transfer, compensation, discipline, and termination. The Company prohibits discrimination, harassment, and retaliation in employment based on race; color; religion; national origin; sexual orientation; gender (including same gender); pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions; age; disability or handicap; citizenship status; veteran status; genetic information; or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law. Violation of this policy will result in disciplinary action, up to and including immediate termination.