The WNBA Chicago Sky is relocating downtown to the new Wintrust Arena and is looking for qualified interns to join us as we embark on this new adventure. Community Relations & Operations Interns will gain hands-on experience through planning and implementing community events / activities, membership events and grassroots marketing activities with a goal of driving trial and lead generation.
Interns will assist with day to day operation of the team retail function and Sky Cares community outreach including: donations, charity tickets and outside events.
Interns will assist with planning and executing events such as Sky Cares Gala, High School Team of the Year program, execution of Sky Legacy Partner and Sky Partner activations and promotions as well as other required tasks.
Note: this is an unpaid internship; academic credit is available
Criteria & Qualifications:
- Excellent phone & computer skills; specifically Microsoft Word and Excel
- Outgoing and able to be a Brand Ambassador
- Detail oriented and organized
- Excellent writing skills
- Able to deal with internal and external clients in a professional manner
- Excellent time management skills with ability to multi-task
- Highly motivated, self starter with a passion for working in sports
· Marketing; sports administration; or related business majors
· Live in Chicagoland Area
· Reliable Transportation
· Required to work Chicago Sky Events (nights and weekends may apply)
· Must be willing to work 20-25 hours per week
This position reports directly to Director of Community Relations and Director or Operations. Candidates should be local to Chicago or be willing to relocate at their own expense. Must have access to own transportation.