The Dallas Wings of the Women’s National Basketball Association (WNBA) are seeking a qualified candidate to join the organization in a sales position in our Corporate Partnership department. This sales position will be responsible for identifying, negotiating and executing innovative and dynamic partnerships with local, regional and national partners.
Reports To: Senior Vice President of Corporate Partnerships
• Responsible for achieving established sales goals and budget.
• Assist in the development and implementation of strategic departmental plans consistent with company business objectives.
• Develop, write and present sponsorship proposals to clients.
• Create new sales collateral or modify existing collateral as required.
• Work in conjunction with management to negotiate individual sponsor contracts.
• Work with marketing & ticket sales departments to maximize cross-selling opportunities and share new ideas and create inventory.
• Create and present customized presentations and sales materials based on specific goals and objectives
• Report on sales revenue projections, budgets and management of partnership expenses
• Maintain timely and accurate records detailing sales performance, appointment recaps, account management and prospecting activities.
• Ensure the effective execution of partnership elements deliver mutually beneficial relationships with team partners.
• Work with each department in the organization; ticket sales, community relations, marketing, social and digital team, to properly execute all aspects of a sponsorship contract.
• Provide game day and operational support.
• 2 to 3 years of sales experience, in a sports related entity specifically in corporate sales (i.e. sponsorships, season and group ticket sales)
• Strong sales acumen and proven ability to prospect and sell
• College degree in a related field is preferred
Ideal Candidate Would Have:
• Solid experience as a sponsorship seller with knowledge across multiple properties, industries and brands
• A strong understanding of the partnership landscape in sports, entertainment and cause-related initiatives
• Experience in assessing, evaluating, negotiating and managing partnerships
• A demonstrated ability to think creatively about a variety of challenges and apply organizational skills accordingly