Reports to: Director of Strategy
The Philadelphia 76ers is one of the most storied franchises in American sports, led by one of the industry’s most decorated and well-respected sports business executives in CEO Scott O’Neil. The Sixers have attracted the industry’s top leadership talent from the NBA, NFL, NHL, MLB, MLS, and NCAA, resulting in one of the most exciting, rewarding, and dynamic work environments within the entire sports industry. The Sixers offer an energetic working environment built on collaboration, growth, and a quest to excel in everything we do.
Position Summary: The Sixers Strategy department is a small fast-paced group that sets the organization’s corporate strategy, manages key business initiatives, and advises senior executives on all aspects of business operations.
As a Manager in the Strategy Department, you will work directly on all aspects of the Sixers business strategy and help senior executives solve the most complex issues the business faces. Ideal candidate will have a management consulting or investment banking background and is comfortable in a rapidly changing environment.
Note: This is a Philadelphia-based position
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Perform range of ad-hoc analyses and financial modeling in support of key business initiatives
- Create presentations summarizing key findings and recommendations for senior executives and ownership
- Help determine overall business strategy and future direction of the organizaiton; Evaluate potential investments and strategic opportunities to help grow the enterprise
- Manage key strategic initiatives, collaborating with all business functions, including ticket sales, corporate sponsorships, marketing, & CRM
- Position cuts across all HBSE (Harris Blitzer Sports & Entertainment) portfolio properties, including: NJ Devils, Prudential Center, Team Dignitas (e-sports), Crystal Palace, & other holdings
- Help advise Sixers Innovation Lab companies – Provide input on potential Lab candidates & provide operational support to existing Lab companies (e.g., whiteboarding sessions, budget forecasting)
Qualifications (educational, experience and basic knowledge requirements):
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 2-5 years of relevant work experience in traditional strategy role; Preferred background in management consulting, investment banking, or corporate strategy; Sports experience is a plus, but not required
- Excellent problem-solving & analytical skills, with ability to structure complex issues
- Effective financial modeling and presentation skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, including a high degree of comfort working with senior-level executives
- Proven ability to manage time sensitive projects and a desire to work in a fast-paced challenging environment
**NOTE: Please include a cover letter in your application.