Here’s your chance to experience a bold and dynamic organization first hand. The Atlanta Hawks Basketball Club will be looking for passionate team players to participate in our 2017-2018 Trainee Program. The program is designed to give top candidates real-life experience in the sports and entertainment industry, in addition to providing educational and networking opportunities. Any qualified applicant who has a college degree with a Bachelors or Masters is eligible to apply for the Atlanta Hawks Trainee Program. Trainees are expected to work at least 37.5 hours per week and may have additional game day/event responsibilities (depending on department assignments). Trainees are paid $13.50/hour and overtime if applicable. Trainees are benefit-eligible after 30 days (medical, dental, vision).
- Assist with activation at Jr Hawks and Jr NBA events
- Assist with on court coaching at community basketball programs
- Assist with daily administrative tasks to aide in planning, promotion and execution of basketball programs.
- Assist with event load-ins and load-outs
- Assist with media content capture at basketball program events
- Assist with inventory maintenance for uniforms, promo items, autograph items, etc.
- Assist with research of grassroots basketball programs in the Atlanta market. Generate contact databases for Jr Hawks Program prospecting.
- Help promote and expand Lady Ballers program
- Help market Game Day Clinic and promote early bird summer camp registration
- Grow contact databases
- Oversee opening weekend hawks league gyms for weekend table promotions. Deliver coaching resources to coaches
- Promote all coach education platforms
- The 2017-2018 Trainee Program will run from September through April (end of season).
- Open to any qualified applicant who can meet the time commitment and has a recent college degree, Bachelors or Masters.
- The ability to work flexible hours to include nights, weekends and holidays is required
- Trainees are responsible for travel and housing arrangements
- Experience in on-court basketball coaching preferred
- Strong verbal and written communication required
- Clean driving record required
- Proficient in Social Media: FaceBook, Twitter, Instagram, SnapChat preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Office: Word, Excel and PowerPoint preferred
- MUST be able to work flexible hours including nights, weekends and holidays
- Excellent organizational skills required
The Atlanta Hawks & Philips Arena is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer committed to providing equal opportunity in all of our employment practices, including selection, hiring, assignment, re-assignment, promotion, transfer, compensation, discipline, and termination. The Company prohibits discrimination, harassment, and retaliation in employment based on race; color; religion; national origin; sexual orientation; gender (including same gender); pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions; age; disability or handicap; citizenship status; veteran status; genetic information; or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law. Violation of this policy will result in disciplinary action, up to and including immediate termination.