The goal of this position is to bring to life the creative partnerships the LA Clippers build with key corporate brands from around the globe. The primary focus of this position is to coordinate day-to-day aspects of implementing, developing and retaining assigned partnership accounts, in addition to other duties to support the Corporate Partnerships team.
Principal Duties And Responsibilities
· Coordinate the development, activation, and day-to-day operations of assigned LA Clippers corporate partnership accounts.
· Act as corporate marketing consultant to partner contacts to develop and deliver on impactful and measurable sponsorship platforms.
· Lead and participate in the planning, execution, tracking, and reporting of all assigned partners’ contractual elements, such as: traditional media assets (e.g. radio, print, television, digital, social, etc.), in-market promotions, in-arena activations, hospitality, experiential, and community programs.
· Collaborate on the strategy and fulfillment of partnership marketing initiatives with internal and external stakeholders.
· Measure the effectiveness of assigned sponsorship platforms to demonstrate partner ROI and ROO using tools such as Scarborough, Nielsen/Repucom, independent internal studies, etc.
· Cultivate partner relationships at all levels from day-to-day contacts to decision makers through regular touchpoints, including but not limited to: weekly status calls; annual partner activation summit; hospitality and events; pre-season planning, mid-season check-in, and post-season recap meetings, etc.
· Act as an extension of assigned partners’ brand, understanding the industry landscape, business objectives, challenges, opportunities, etc.
· Contribute directly to department revenue goals by assisting with current sponsor partnership renewals and upsell opportunities.
· Collaborate on new partnership opportunities with Director of Partnership Marketing and Corporate Sales Managers
· Maintain working knowledge of NBA approval process. Start process by submitting all necessary promotional materials and paperwork through the Team Promotions Proposal (TPP) process.
· Participate in weekly departmental, activation team, and game-related marketing meetings.
· Manage both internal and external partner expectations on processes, timelines, approvals, and deadlines.
· Represent the LA Clippers in pitch meetings and presentations with clients and agencies as needed.
· Demonstrate knowledge of the competitive landscape for the Clippers sports and entertainment properties and venues.
· Support the Corporate Partnerships department with tasks relating to proposals, presentation development and special project deliverables to include strategy development, writing and visuals.
Characteristics / Qualifications
· Bachelor’s degree in business management, marketing, advertising, or sports management (or similar field) from a four-year college or university required.
· 2 years of professional work experience with a consumer brand, agency, sports property or venue required. Sales and corporate marking experience preferred.
· Computer skills required: experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook) is required.
· Possess strong proficiency with Adobe Photoshop (required).
· Demonstrated ability to be strategic, creative and solution-oriented.
· Ability to establish effective client and interdepartmental relationships, manage multiple client contacts and projects, and drive business.
· Ability to work collaboratively with a group of highly motivated individuals, and also be an independent thinker.
· Ability to interface with colleagues, senior executives, and clients effectively and personably, recognizing the need to adjust communication style accordingly to the audience.
· Must be able to maintain confidentiality and use the upmost discretion when privy to sensitive information.
· Ability to maintain an impeccable professional appearance.
· Ability to demonstrate uncompromised judgment and discretion with regard to interpersonal relationships.
· Self-directed and able to work independently.
· Availability and willingness to work extended hours, including nights and weekends and be on-call as necessary.
· Demonstrated dedication with the ability to oversee projects from origin through execution.
· Willingness to learn and should be able to flourish in a high growth, dynamic environment.
· Effective communication skills, both oral and written.
· Self-starter and entrepreneurial spirit with hands-on approach towards business.