The Database Administrator will be responsible for the day-to-day maintenance of the ERP system applications as well as a few other smaller SQL Databases. The candidate will use their working and technical knowledge of ERP Systems and Databases to evaluate issues and effect solutions.
The employee will work closely with the Finance and IT Operations personnel to promote accuracy and consistency of data concerning the financial, operations and inventory systems.
Primary (Essential) Duties
- Daily monitoring of System Health Analysis and remediation issues brought to light
- Troubleshoot systems issues as necessary and escalate items appropriately
- Maintain daily financial systems and implement system changes
- Serve as a department contact for system issues and questions
- Collaboration between the IT and Finance departments as well as third parties to complete both daily responsibilities and project related work
- Coordinate, test, assess, and assist in the deployment of new functions and features
- ERP Systems user access administration
- Support relative to server and application maintenance
- Assist and support the Finance team with monthly close processes/procedures; prioritize requests that support the reconciliation, facilitate ad hoc reports, etc.
- Identify and provide new technologies and enhancements that streamline processes and promote process efficiencies
Knowledge, Skills and/or Abilities
- Two to three years of professional experience working with Microsoft Dynamics GP or other ERP Solutions
- Ability to perform necessary Microsoft Dynamics GP administration functions and identify problems, their sources, and potential solutions
- Previous experience with Dynamics GP Integration Manager both configuring new integrations and troubleshooting existing integrations a plus
- Thorough understanding of software applications including but not limited to Dynamics GP, Management Reporter and BI360
- Microsoft SQL experience
- Ability to read and interpret accounting / financial documents
- Strong ability to write effective reports and correspondence
- Management Report writer experience
- Previous experience installing and configuring Dynamics GP add-on software such as Encore Subscription Billing, Rockton Smartfill, Smartpost, and GP Toolbox, FastPath ConfigAD and Audit View, Nolan Intercompany, Greenshades, Mekorma Check Printing and KeyOnce
- Sports or entertainment industry experience (preferred)
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, or related technical field or equivalent work experience
- Strong computer skills, including the use of accounting and management systems, Microsoft Office
- Possess strong analytical and problem solving skills to resolve users/system related issues
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, self-motivation, adaptability, and a positive attitude
- Display strong initiative and self-motivation
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Capable of managing and prioritizing a variety of unexpected tasks while continuing to successfully conduct day-to-day operations
- Ability to adapt to changing business needs and requirements
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, urgent project environment
Working Conditions and Physical Demands:
- Traditional business hours with occasional weekends, evenings, some holidays and some overtime to meet business needs
The physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This is not an all-inclusive document. Additional duties, expectations, demands, etc. may be added or changed to this document on an as-needed basis in order to meet organizational needs.
The Phoenix Suns are an Equal Opportunity Employer