Job Title: BI Associate
Department: Business Intelligence
Reports to: Business Systems Analyst
FLSA Status: Non- Exempt
Date Modified: 10/4/2017
The Business Intelligence Associate will support the department in day-to-day functions, including database maintenance and hygiene, strategy and analytics projects and presentation and report execution. This individual will also be responsible for administrative tasks and representing the organization at Timberwolves home games.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform these essential functions:
- Assist with database audits, data import or hygiene initiatives and general maintenance for all platforms which connect to the data warehouse.
- Provide day-to-day support for CRM users across the organization.
- Perform market research and assist with the creation of summary reports.
- Provide assistance with building custom segments within the market segmentation platform.
- Assist in the continued development of training tools and user guides for staff members who use the different platforms supported by Business Intelligence.
- Compile and format data for designated reporting and analysis initiatives.
- Support the department with assistance across all major job functions.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities & Other:
- Strong written and verbal communication skills required.
- Strong computer skills required: experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook).
- Knowledge of SQL, statistical modeling techniques and data visualization tools preferred, but not required.
- Able to work flexible hours including nights, weekends and holidays.
- Ability to work well on a team and independently.
- Ability to manage specific processes and tasks for the department under supervision.
- Proven problem solver with strong attention to detail
- Previous experience with a CRM platform, ticketing system or database management system is strongly preferred.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Data Science or a Quantitative field (i.e. Math, Statistics) is preferred.
Supervisory Responsibility, if any: This position does not have supervisory responsibilities
This job operates in a professional office environment. Office hours are typically Monday-Friday from 8:00 AM-5:00PM. In addition to working office hours staff are required to work Timberwolves and Lynx home games, in addition to external events including but not limited to: charity and networking events. Work is generally sedentary in nature. The working environment is generally favorable. Lighting and temperature are adequate, and there are no hazardous or unpleasant conditions caused by noise, dust, etc. Work is generally performed within an office environment, with standard office equipment available. This job also operates in a sports arena, which includes bleachers/steps.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to communicate and exchange information with others both in person and over the telephone. The employee frequently is required to remain in a stationary position, as well as operate computers and other office equipment, such as a copy machine, printer and telephone. Staff will frequently ascend and descend bleachers/steps and traverse around the arena both on event days and non-event days. Staff may occasionally move boxes of merchandise weighing up to 30 pounds.
Position may require travel to external events.
The Minnesota Timberwolves and Lynx are an equal employment opportunity organization.