Job Title: Analyst, Business Intelligence
Department: Business Intelligence
Reports to: Sr. Analyst, Business Intelligence
FLSA Status: Exempt
Date Modified: 9/19/2017
This position is responsible for executing the day-today reporting and analytics initiatives which inform decision-making on a variety of subjects including ticket pricing, revenue forecasting, lead scoring and surveying. This position will also support research and strategy efforts as well as fan profiling and market segmentation.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform these essential functions:
- Perform revenue forecasting and trend analysis across all sales disciplines.
- Design dashboards and other reporting tools used by internal stakeholders.
- Provide analysis for primary and secondary ticketing data.
- Assist in various database efforts and business processes including lead scoring, renewal scoring and database management.
- Assist in data warehouse efforts focused on data automation and integration between data sources.
- Use and manage syndicated research tools to strengthen data-driven presentations.
- Conduct and analyze surveys that aim to measure brand awareness, recall, and overall recognition of corporate partners and fan experience and engagement.
- Analyze customer profile data, psychographic and behavioral information, and engagement metrics and measure conversion success vs the lead scores generated through predictive modeling.
- Regularly audit data quality to ensure reporting accuracy.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities & Other:
- Strong written and verbal communication skills required.
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint required
- A deep understanding of various statistical methods including linear regression, logistic regression, clustering and time series forecasting required.
- Experience with a data science toolkit (Python, R, etc.) required.
- Experience with a BI/Visual Analytics Tool. Tableau is preferred.
- Knowledge and familiarity with SQL and relational databases is preferred.
- Working knowledge of ticketing and CRM systems preferred.
- Able to work flexible hours including nights, weekends and holidays.
- Ability to work well on a team and independently.
- Ability to manage specific processes and tasks in the department under supervision.
Bachelor’s Degree in a quantitative field (i.e. Math, Statistics, Economics or Computer Science) or equivalent professional experience required.
Experience: 1 year of experience in analytics or data visualization or completion of an internship in a relevant discipline.
Supervisory Responsibility, if any: This position does not have supervisory responsibilities
This job operates in a professional office environment. Office hours are typically Monday-Friday from 8:00 AM-5:00PM. In addition to working office hours staff are required to work Timberwolves and Lynx home games, in addition to external events including but not limited to: charity and networking events. Work is generally sedentary in nature. The working environment is generally favorable. Lighting and temperature are adequate, and there are no hazardous or unpleasant conditions caused by noise, dust, etc. Work is generally performed within an office environment, with standard office equipment available. This job also operates in a sports arena, which includes bleachers/steps.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to communicate and exchange information with others both in person and over the telephone. The employee frequently is required to remain in a stationary position, as well as operate computers and other office equipment, such as a copy machine, printer and telephone. Staff will frequently ascend and descend bleachers/steps and traverse around the arena both on event days and non-event days. Staff may occasionally move boxes of merchandise weighing up to 30 pounds.
Position may require travel to external events.
The Minnesota Timberwolves and Lynx are an equal employment opportunity organization.