Job Title: Database & CRM Manager
Department: Business Intelligence
Reports to: Vice President of Business Intelligence
FLSA Status: Exempt
Date Modified: 10/4/2017
The Database & CRM Manager leads the overall Database and CRM strategy to grow revenues and maximize the efficiency for the combined sales and marketing efforts. This position will be responsible for a number of initiatives including: strategy and quality control within the database, training for users and consulting with management, identifying and targeting customer populations for sales/marketing campaigns, collecting and analyzing customer data, driving customer acquisition, and enabling/tracking customer retention.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform these essential functions:
- Responsible for the overall CRM strategy, including day-to-day management of the CRM database and data warehouse, data imports and exports, data hygiene, user management and campaign development
- Manage the development and documentation of business rules related to the input of data, lead management, sales processes, customer segmentation, customer communication, and others.
- Consult with Business Systems Analyst regarding additional processes and functionality needed within CRM, including automation, workflows and SQL scripts.
- Oversee the lead acquisition and nurturing strategy and process for efficiently routing prospects to sales staff. Partner with Analytics team to monitor sales activity and provide reporting on conversions and campaign metrics.
- Responsible for maintaining a best in class training curriculum for new and existing users and a process for the continual monitoring of data entry to ensure data hygiene and user compliance to established business processes.
- Continually source new data collection opportunities, engagement methods and facilitate the integration of necessary 3rd party data sources.
- Create customized CRM dashboards and views using Tableau
- Assist in the development of sales and marketing campaign strategies through an understanding of customer preferences exposed by available data.
- Support the integration of the CRM database with the Ticket system, the Marketing Automation program, the data warehouse and additional platforms.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities & Other:
- Strong written and verbal communication skills required.
- Computer skills required: experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook).
- Able to work flexible hours including nights, weekends and holidays.
- Ability to work well on a team and independently.
- Ability to manage specific processes and tasks for the department
- Ability to lead a project team
- Proven problem solver with strong attention to detail
- 3+ years of experience with administering and developing a CRM platform, MS CRM is preferred
- 3+ years of experience with database design or managing the strategy of a database structure
- 3+ years of experience with writing queries in SQL, creating stored procedures, deduplication, audit and maintenance planning and database performance optimization
Education: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required.
Specialized Knowledge, Licenses, etc.:
- Knowledge and experience with automated data import and export processes.
- Knowledge of Microsoft CRM or similar platform required.
- Experience with data warehouses, Redshift is preferred.
- Familiarity with marketing automation/lead nurturing platforms such as Eloqua, Exact Target or Marketo.
Supervisory Responsibility, if any: This position has supervisory responsibilities
This job operates in a professional office environment. Office hours are typically Monday-Friday from 8:00 AM-5:00PM. In addition to working office hours staff are required to work Timberwolves and Lynx home games, in addition to external events including but not limited to: charity and networking events. Work is generally sedentary in nature. The working environment is generally favorable. Lighting and temperature are adequate, and there are no hazardous or unpleasant conditions caused by noise, dust, etc. Work is generally performed within an office environment, with standard office equipment available. This job also operates in a sports arena, which includes bleachers/steps.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to communicate and exchange information with others both in person and over the telephone. The employee frequently is required to remain in a stationary position, as well as operate computers and other office equipment, such as a copy machine, printer and telephone. Staff will frequently ascend and descend bleachers/steps and traverse around the arena both on event days and non-event days. Staff may occasionally move boxes of merchandise weighing up to 30 pounds.
Position may require travel to external events.
The Minnesota Timberwolves and Lynx are an equal employment opportunity organization.