Our social media team seeks a digitally savvy Social Marketing Intern to join our growing team. The person in this role will possess strong knowledge of social media marketing and the overall digital media landscape, including all major social media platforms. General knowledge of native social analytics and paid advertising is a plus. The position will also be responsible for contributing ideas for website updates, day-to-day fan engagement, community management, posting on social networks, curating content, influencer outreach and optimizing sponsor-related digital activations.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
· Assist with publishing to official social media accounts. Including, but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Youtube & SnapChat.
· Provide coverage on designated social channels for gamedays and other live events.
· Work alongside corporate partnerships & sales to ensure successful execution of partner-affiliated social media posts and promotions.
· Update and manage departments Editorial calendar.
· Report on best practices, trends and upcoming digital advances to the organization.
· Help with team photo and video requests when needed/necessary, including shooting, editing, organizing and posting to social media.
· Collaborate with data analyst to monitor and track current campaigns.
· Monitor fan community and engage when necessary (ex: answering ticket questions/arena concerns etc.).
Characteristics / Qualifications
· Basic-Intermediate knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, Premiere).
· Proficient with MS Word, Excel and Outlook (MS Dynamics a plus).
· Strong copywriting ability.
· Must be able to work extended hours and game nights/weekends.
· Knowledge of the LA Clippers/NBA.
· Demonstrated dedication with the ability to oversee projects from origin through execution.
· Willingness to learn and should be able to flourish in a high growth, dynamic environment.
· Effective communication skills, both oral and written.
· Self-starter and entrepreneurial spirit with hands-on approach towards business.