Job Title: Group Events Associate
Department: Group Events
Reports to: Group Experience Manager
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Date Modified: 10/3/2017
Position Summary/Objective: The Group Events Associate provides administrative support for the Group Events department.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform these essential functions:
- Support department by assisting with coordination of special events and fan experience programs.
- Assist fulfillment of group events fan experiences, ticket promotions, and redemptions at Timberwolves games.
- Provide customer service for all Timberwolves program offers.
- Interact with fans, field questions, and provide excellent customer service.
- Assist Group Experience Manager and group events team with miscellaneous administrative tasks, initiatives, and promotions.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities & Other:
- Strong verbal and written communication skills required.
- Computer skills required: experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook).
- Ability to manage specific tasks in the department under supervision.
- Ability to work well on a team and independently.
- Able to work flexible hours including nights, weekends and holidays
Experience: Customer service experience is preferred.
Education: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience preferred.
Specialized Knowledge, Licenses, etc.:
Supervisory Responsibility, if any: This position does not have supervisory responsibilities
This job operates in a sports/entertainment arena environment. Staff will work Timberwolves and Lynx home games, Work is generally moving in nature. The working environment is generally favorable. Lighting and temperature are adequate, and there are no hazardous or unpleasant conditions. Work is generally performed within a sports arena, which includes bleachers/steps.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to communicate and exchange information with others both in person and over the telephone. The employee frequently is required to remain in a stationary position, and will frequently ascend and descend bleachers/steps and traverse around the arena both on event days and non-event days. Staff may occasionally move boxes weighing up to 30 pounds.
Position may require infrequent travel to external events.
The Minnesota Timberwolves and Lynx are an equal employment opportunity organization.