Category: Sales, Service, & Marketing
Sales Associate, Inside Sales – Los Angeles Sparks
The Sales Associate, Inside Sales is responsible for generating new business and assists with achieving overall sales and attendance goals of the Los Angeles Sparks by selling all Sparks ticket products including, but not limited to, season ticket memberships, mini plans, and groups. As a leadership team, we're committed to the process of developing our sales executives on both a personal and professional level, while exposing our staff to the most comprehensive training regimen in all of sports.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Sell a full menu of ticket products including, but not limited to season ticket memberships, mini plans, and group tickets.
- Make cold calls from lists provided to sell memberships, mini plans, and group tickets; generate own leads through referrals, networking, social selling and effective research
- Meet weekly productivity requirements for out-bound call volume, and appointments
- Build and maintain relationships which result in trial, purchase and repeat business.
- Deliver excellent customer service.
- Work events and games as assigned to support ticket sales efforts.
- Track all sales notes in our customer relations program.
- Meet or exceed assigned sales goals for all ticket products.
- Participate in ongoing sales and service training and other professional development opportunities.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- 4 year college degree or combination of equivalent education and experience.
- Display strong communication and interpersonal skills, both written and verbal.
- Show initiative and be a self-starter
- Possess creative, strategic, and quantitative skills sets
- Demonstrate a positive and team-oriented attitude
- Able to work evenings and weekends
Supervisory Responsibility, if any: This position does not have supervisory responsibilities.
This job operates in a professional office environment. Office hours are typically Monday-Friday from 9:00 AM-5:00PM. In addition to working office hours staff are required to work Sparks home games, in addition to external events including but not limited to: charity and networking events. Work is generally sedentary in nature. The working environment is generally favorable. Lighting and temperature are adequate, and there are no hazardous or unpleasant conditions caused by noise, dust, etc. Work is generally performed within an office environment, with standard office equipment available. This job also operates in a sports arena, which includes bleachers/steps.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to communicate and exchange information with others both in person and over the telephone. The employee frequently is required to remain in a stationary position, as well as operate computers and other office equipment, such as a copy machine, printer and telephone. Staff will frequently ascend and descend bleachers/steps and traverse around the arena both on event days and non-event days. Staff may occasionally move boxes of merchandise/ rewards for members weighing up to 35 pounds.
· Position may require some travel within the local area to meet prospects or ticket members.
· The Los Angeles Sparks are an equal employment opportunity organization.
Please do not contact the team directly regarding any inquiry for this position.