Job Title: Lynx Sales and Service Account Executive
Department: Lynx Sales and Service
Reports to: Manager of Lynx Sales and Service
Position Type: Full Time/Non Exempt/Regular
Position Summary/Objective: The primary focus of this position is to develop and nurture client relationships in the Minneapolis/St. Paul and surrounding areas with the focus on selling and servicing Full, Partial and Group Ticket Inventory for the Minnesota Lynx.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform these essential functions:
- Generate new sales revenue in full and partial season memberships and group sales by researching individuals, companies and industries.
- Make cold calls, attend charity events and networking events, conduct professional meetings with potential clients.
- Sell full and partial season memberships as well as premium seating and group tickets.
- Must meet minimum weekly activity expectations in place (250 phone calls, 50 emails, 10 appointments, etc.)
- Provide excellent customer service by creating unique touch points, promptly responding to requests or communications, and establishing a dynamic relationship with all customers.
- Document all communication Client Relationship Management (CRM) system.
- Participate in educational opportunities on Timberwolves and Lynx product offerings, pricing and sales strategies, as well as market trends and industry best practices.
- Assist with the preparation and execution of all Game Day experiences.
- Deliver on touchpoints to all Lynx members.
- Attend focused events targeting and connecting with our season ticket members.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities & Other:
- Positive attitude and desire to succeed required.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills required.
- Computer skills required: experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook) is preferred.
- Able to work flexible hours including nights, weekends and holidays.
- Ability to work well on a team and independently.
- Ability to manage specific processes and tasks in the department under supervision.
- Knowledge of CRM and Veritix is preferred.
Experience: Minimum one (1) year of sales experience with the business side of collegiate, minor league or professional sports is preferred.
Education: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience preferred.
Specialized Knowledge, Licenses, etc.:
Supervisory Responsibility, if any: This position does not have supervisory responsibility
This job operates in a professional office environment. Office hours are typically Monday-Friday from 8:00 AM-5:00PM. In addition to working office hours staff are required to work Timberwolves and Lynx home games, in addition to external events including but not limited to: charity and networking events. Work is generally sedentary in nature. The working environment is generally favorable. Lighting and temperature are adequate, and there are no hazardous or unpleasant conditions caused by noise, dust, etc. Work is generally performed within an office environment, with standard office equipment available. This job also operates in a sports arena, which includes bleachers/steps.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to communicate and exchange information with others both in person and over the telephone. The employee frequently is required to remain in a stationary position, as well as operate computers and other office equipment, such as a copy machine, printer and telephone. Staff will frequently ascend and descend bleachers/steps and traverse around the arena both on event days and non-event days. Staff may occasionally move boxes of merchandise weighing up to 30 pounds.
Position may require some travel to external events.
The Minnesota Timberwolves and Lynx are an equal employment opportunity organization.