Job Title: Social Media Associate
Department: Digital Media
Reports to: Social Media Coordinator
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Position Summary/Objective: This person will aid the Social Media Coordinator and the Director of Digital Media with implementing the social media strategies and objectives
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform these essential functions:
- Publish daily articles and postgame stories to social media sites.
- Shoot videos and photos during practice, shoot-around and games for social media sites.
- Construct/edit online photo galleries; resize/compress photos for social media sites
- Update/write content for social networking sites.
- Daily maintenance of social media platforms, including responding/interacting with fans and removal of spam messages.
- Live-reporting during home and away games, events and player appearances.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities & Other:
- Strong written and verbal communication skills required.
- Computer skills required: experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook) is preferred.
- Knowledge of social media platforms is required.
- Familiarity with HTML and Photoshop is also preferred.
- Able to work flexible hours including nights, weekends and holidays.
- Ability to work well on a team and independently.
- Ability to manage specific processes and tasks in the department under supervision.
Experience: Interactive media experience is strongly preferred.
Education: Pursuit of bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience preferred.
Specialized Knowledge, Licenses, etc.:
Supervisory Responsibility, if any: This position does not have supervisory responsibilities
This job operates in a professional office environment. Office hours are typically 8:30 AM-5:00PM Monday-Friday. In addition to working office hours staff are required to work Timberwolves and Lynx games, in addition to external events including but not limited to: charity and networking events. Work is generally sedentary in nature. The working environment is generally favorable. Lighting and temperature are adequate, and there are no hazardous or unpleasant conditions caused by noise, dust, etc. Work is generally performed within an office environment, with standard office equipment available. This job also operates in a sports arena, which includes bleachers/steps.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to communicate and exchange information with others both in person and over the telephone. The employee frequently is required to remain in a stationary position, as well as operate computers and other office equipment, such as a copy machine, printer and telephone. Staff will frequently ascend and descend bleachers/steps and traverse around the arena both on event days and non-event days. Staff may occasionally move boxes of merchandise weighing up to 15 pounds.
Position may require infrequent travel.
The Minnesota Timberwolves and Lynx are an equal employment opportunity organization.