Department: Digital Media
Reports to: Web Editor
Position Type: Part Time/Non Exempt/Seasonal
Summary/Objective: This person will aid the Web Editor and the Director of Digital Media with implementing the social media strategies and objectives. Responsibilities include: Writing and reporting on the Timberwolves and Lynx; content updating for Lynxbasketball.com; conducting and transcribing interviews; working Lynx home games; shooting photos/video and editing for Web site; and assisting with other Digital Media department projects as needed. This position will be in charge of content plans for the Lynx season.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform these essential functions:
- Produce web traffic reporting from Timberwolves.com, Lynxbasketball.com, and social media platforms.
- Organize and execute events with fans.
- Implement updates/changes to websites, using league content management system.
- Conduct/transcribe/edit interviews with players, coaches and basketball operations staff.
- Edit daily articles and postgame stories for websites.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Other:
- Strong written and verbal communication skills required.
- Computer skills required: experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook) is preferred.
- Knowledge of social media platforms is preferred.
- Familiarity with HTML and Photoshop is also preferred.
- Able to work flexible hours including nights, weekends and holidays.
- Ability to work well on a team and independently.
- Ability to manage specific processes and tasks in the department under supervision.
High School degree or equivalent experience preferred.
Previous interactive media/web experience is strongly preferred.
This position does not have supervisory responsibility
This job operates in a professional office environment. Office hours vary based on game schedule. In addition staff may be asked to work external events including but not limited to: charity and networking events. Work is generally sedentary in nature. The working environment is generally favorable. Lighting and temperature are adequate, and there are no hazardous or unpleasant conditions caused by noise, dust, etc. Work is generally performed within an office environment, with standard office equipment available. This job also operates in a sports arena, which includes bleachers/steps.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to communicate and exchange information with others both in person and over the telephone. The employee frequently is required to remain in a stationary position, as well as operate computers and other office equipment, such as a copy machine, printer and telephone. Staff will frequently ascend and descend bleachers/steps and traverse around the arena both on event days and non-event days. Staff may occasionally move boxes or other items weighing up to 15 pounds.
Position may require infrequent travel.
The Minnesota Timberwolves and Lynx are an equal employment opportunity organization.