The Salt Lake City Stars, the NBA G League affiliate of the Utah Jazz, are looking for a part-time, event-only (non-games) Mascot Performer. He/she will be responsible for implementing successful engagement strategies, promoting, growing and developing the identity and awareness of the mascot, creating an engaging persona, generating and encouraging fan engagement, interaction, impressions, presence and interest in the Stars at community events throughout the Salt Lake Valley.
This entry level position is a great opportunity to work in a fun and challenging environment in the professional sports industry.
- Research, attend and represent the Salt Lake City Stars at a wide range of club sponsored events and other events throughout the community
- Perform at parades, festivals, grand openings, etc. on specified days during the week and on weekends throughout the year
- Develop, create, and execute skits to be performed at community appearances
- Perform and/or provide support to all necessary community and team appearances including but not limited to sponsors, charities, media and private functions
- Responsible for creating goodwill in community
- Perform mascot duties in a manner deemed acceptable according to the standards of the Salt Lake City Stars
- Keep an enthusiastic and high energy attitude at all times to keep the entertainment level high
- Preserve the identity of the mascot without deviating from established character including body language/mannerisms, attitude, fan interaction, and team representation
- Administer costume maintenance, as well as props, after every use.
- Perform essential functions with confidence
- Work well in a team environment
- Flexibility to work nights and weekends
- Perform other related tasks as assigned
- Must have a reliable vehicle
- Applicants must be able to pass a pre-employment background and drug screening
- Strong organizational, communication and interpersonal skills
- Charismatic, outgoing and vibrant personality
- Works well with children and staff members at events
- Professional appearance, demeanor, and approach
- Motivated self-starter
- Ability to work well under pressure and troubleshoot situations without delay and act accordingly
- Ideal candidate should be in good physical condition, highly energetic, athletic and have some performance background.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Previous Mascot experience is preferred
- Dance experience is preferred
- Strong knowledge of the Salt Lake City market
- Passion for brand development
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions:
- Required to sit, stand and walk.
- Use hands to finger, hand or feel objects, tools or controls.
- Frequent stooping, bending, pulling and pushing.
- Reach with hands and arms.
- Required to talk and hear consistently.
- Ability to occasionally lift, carry and/or drag up to 50 pounds if necessary.
- Specific vision abilities required by the role include the ability to distinguish the nature of objects by using the eye.
- Ability to work non-traditional hours, including evenings, weekends and holidays as necessary.
- Be a student, be a teacher, be a leader.
- Be a good teammate, contribute positively to a winning culture, and be respectful.
- Demonstrate world-class customer service and if you don’t directly interact with the customer, support those that do.
- Protect the legal, financial, and moral well-being of the company.
- Exemplify the Larry H. Miller Group of Company values.